Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Top 10 Rides (within 1 hour of Bristol)
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Just trying to guage the best rides near bristol (within a 1 hour drive) trying to get out to some new spots. Ideally somewhere with a decent length ride or an all day job! recommendations please and if possible if you have a link to directions or a map that would be great! I have ridden rowberrow, Ashton court, Leigh Woods, Cwm carn etc just wanting to branch out a bit & try something new… cheers

noteeth
    Free Member

Quantocks!

Milkie
    Free Member

I haven't ridden Rowberrow or CwmCarn, but North of Bristol there is some decent riding to be found.

Kingswood – North Nibley Ride
    I did that ride with Evans Cycles "Ride It" last year, they are doing the same one on the 15th August this year. You can ride it any time of the year, loads of hills 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Milkie.. thanks I may give that one a go. Rowberrow is a pretty good ride with a fair bit of climbing and nice downhill runs after. Def worth a trip

scruff
    Free Member

North Nibley, Dursley, Wooton under edge area good. Forest of Dean. West Mendips / Crook Peak. Wye Valley. Quantocks. Breacon Beacons. Spoilt for choice.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

scruff… I think that is the problem, there is so much knowing which are the best rides is a mine field. I am after long rides with tech sections, if possible some nice long decents, something to make a good 3 hours + of

scruff
    Free Member

Quantocks then, its easy to navigate. Forest of Dean a bit harder to find your way about, but it has bonus of some proper DH tracks.

FuzzyWuzzy

Black Mountains

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Plenty of riding round Bath, easily enouigh to keep you going all day, though you'll have to be au fait with road sections to link all the good bits up.

Black Moutains and the Gap in the Beacons are an hour away if you've got a heavy right foot :o)

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Scruff – talk to me about Crooks Peak. Done some walks around there and like the idea of following the ridge. Is it possible/legal to follow the ridge from Crooks Peak, through Cheddar and on to Wells (and further?), or is it Cheeky-all-the-way and a bit of a no-no?

saladdodger
    Free Member

what about swindon and the Ridgeway

er ok maybe not

scruff
    Free Member

I follwed BWs clockwise from Cross, some good playwoods dropping back down to A38. Dont know if you can legally get over to Chedddar without messing about.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Top 10 Rides (within 1 hour of Bristol)’ is closed to new replies.