Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tooltimetrackworld: Recommend me an automotive toolset
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Looking for an off-the-peg, half-decent toolset for your “enthusiastic amateur” motorbike mechanic.

Basically, the GF’s son has his first motorbike and loves tinkering with it, but has no tools, She’s looking for a toolkit as an Xmas present for him.

£100 budget.

Your recommendations will be gratefully received.

nickjb
    Free Member

Halfords do some good kits. Mix of sockets and spanners and a few extras. Good quality and usually a good special offer on.

solamanda
    Free Member

Blag a halfords trade card (easy) then buy one of their tool kits. You’ll get 20-50% discount.

mark90
    Free Member

What danny says. A good quality set. Add other assorted tools as required / when funds allow; hammer, pliers, screwdrivers, etc.

cranberry
    Free Member

Halfords, Halfords or Halfords.

Are you noticing a pattern 🙂 ?

parkesie
    Free Member

Halfords have the best mixed sets. Some where like machine mart and cherry pick a socket set screwdrivers pliers etc from their clarke pro range.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Surprising, that. ‘Quality’ and ‘Halfrauds’ are two words I’d never usually put together.

Blag a trade card? I do know and employee…

Hmm…

Ta for the responses.

solamanda
    Free Member

Blag a trade card? I do know and employee…

I just went in, talked convincingly that I was ‘trade’ and have had a trade card ever since. Saved myself a small fortune. In fairness I do use it alot so they’ve had a sizable amount of money through me.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

the £190 quid sets drop to 149 with the trade card.

they were £99 the other month..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tooltimetrackworld: Recommend me an automotive toolset’ is closed to new replies.