• This topic has 48 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Tools you can't live without
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Power link pliers, best thing ever invented.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Wiha System 6. Work, bike and home. There is very little you cant fettle with a set.

kayak23

Just got myself one of these bad boys.
    Got a feeling it’s going to be one of those things I didn’t know how I managed without before…

Already offered to cut a mates carbon bars down. He declined on this occasion…
    😀

IA

+1 on the Thor soft face hammer.

Perfect for twatting things you shouldn’t be twatting but just need to.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Pick & screw driver set, use them most days.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Halfords professional 150 piece tool kit. Used and abused it for 10 years, broke some bits, mainly torx and allen keys but Halfords replace no questions asked.

Torq wrench, Gerber and Pedros tyre levers always get used.

egb81
    Free Member

Mole grips; got many a stuck bolt and other seized things off. Also, a bit of wood and a hammer for inserting press fit BBs and headsets. There’s great satisfaction to be gained from having trued a wheel perfectly so my Spokey is a bit of a favourite.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Proper cable cutters were probably the biggest revelation when starting work as a mechanic. Every since I’ve been an advocate for proper tools. I say that and I still don’t own a torque wrench…

+ another for Park AWS9 and AWS10. Great bits of kit.

Leatherman Sideclip was a godsend while guiding. Absolutely gutted when I lost it somewhere between Tring and Kitzbühel. The newer ones just don’t seem to have quite the same balance of practicality and size.

tthew

I love a decent tool kit, and don’t like to bodge or make-do with the wrong implement, but generally you can get by in an emergency with something not quite right.

Except my Multimeter. Nothing that can really replace that. Never really found a bike repair application for it thought.

Oh, and Bahco ring ratcheting spanners are better than shifters all day long.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Tools you can't live without’ is closed to new replies.