Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Toolkit for Dremel – any bigger better cheaper than this?
  • nedrapier

Looks good to me, but is there anything else I should be looking at?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/dremel-721-multipurpose-modular-accessory-set-3-2mm-shank-135-pieces/66640

Ta!

nedrapier

s’alright, i’ve gone for b)

Cheap enough and big enough that I’d be quite relaxed if I found something cheaper and bigger!

Cougar

Glad we could help.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Read the Amazon feedback though plus my experience of cheap Dremel clone tools says they are just not worth it. All the positive feedback appears to be from people who haven’t actually attempted to use any of the tools!

nedrapier

pfff. well, it’s ordered I’ll have to find out now.

Wrote that, went to check. Cancelled while I could and you won’t believe what happened next:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/400-part-rotary-accessory-kit-n63bx

400!! Four HUNDRED!! Count them!! I will. And there’s a maplin over the road.

Thanks Rockhopper.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Thats the set I got, its the same quality as the Amazon one! The grinding stones turn to sand, the wire brush things just disintegrate etc. The sandpaper based items have been okay though!

nedrapier

pfff. Just strolled over the road and grabbed a set.

To be fair, all the negative reviews of the dremel branded stuff complain just the same about short life.

Given that the huge majority of the FOUR HUNDRED pieces seem to be little bits of sandpaper, it’s good that those work!

Cheers rh.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’ve been using trend burs but they are rather costly.
    But last so much longer.

Think they only do burs rather than all the other stuff

schrickvr6
    Free Member

What do you use the Dremel for?

brakes
    Free Member

for £12 I’d buy two of those even if they were a bit poor. I find the cheaper Dremel ones to be pretty average too.
    I’ve got a tile cutter attachment if you ever need one ed – it’s awesome.

nedrapier

Maplins down Eastcheap, brakes, fill yer boots!

If I need tiles cut, I will let you know.

All done with the stem deciding too, so can drop them back whenever. N8 or EC3?

nedrapier

shriijfbjjcnbvevrrvvb6, this and that, polishing, cutting, woodwork, making nipple driver bits, making black things into silver things…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Toolkit for Dremel – any bigger better cheaper than this?’ is closed to new replies.