• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by P20.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Toolboards ~ Any Use/Suggestions?
  • P20

Anyone use a tool board? I’m thinking of making one to make things a it easier/more organised. I’ve got a large wall that it can go on, so space isn’t an issue. Nothing extraordinary in terms of tools, though I’d possibly make a section of it for the bike specific tools.
    Any suggestions or anyone have photos of theirs the would care to share?

rossburton
    Free Member

Following for ideas. My Halfords tool bench came with a flimsy sheet of pegboard which has so much potential but it wobbles and the pegs fall out, so it’s infuriating to use. Initial plan was to simply buy a sheet of chipboard/whatever and hammer in nails to hang stuff from.

jimmy

I’ve done what Ross is suggesting – spare mdf board painted white and nails. It’s great to have but I can’t help thinking it could be much better executed.

munded

Lay flat and lay out tools to work out layout easily.
    Don’t draw shadows as limits rearranging when you get more tools unless shared space. some like having one with a shelf at the bottom, or 2×4 with holes for screwdrivers/allen keys.

P20

Yes I’m thinking wooden board and screws/hooks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do you have spare tools? It was great but every time I went to a race/weekend away I was packing them all into the tool box then back out again so they basically ended up half on the board and half in the box.

P20

I have a Planetx toolcase thing in the van which does that bit.

benp1

I have a big floor standing red tool cabinet for a lot of my tools (mostly mechaniccy type), but I still have nails in the (brick) wall of my garage next to it for lots of useful bits (household DIY) – hammers, saws, files, waterpump pliers, tape measures etc. It’s very handy and easy to access. Nothing more than nails into the mortar between the bricks

sv

I have a sheet of MDF screwed to the wall with nail/screws/hooks as required but would like to convert to a French cleat design. Might never happen but you can dream!

finishthat
    Free Member

Have a look at the french cleat system – you can do anything you want for minimum outlay as long as you can cut sheet wood at an angle, – including
    making a tool board than you can move/change.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    French Cleats as above

P20

Never heard of French cleat, but looks like it could be useful!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Toolboards ~ Any Use/Suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.