Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Took about twenty minutes to fix a puncture today.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stopped by the side of the road to fix it. Little did I know that there was an audax or something going along that same road. Not a sportive, as there wasn’t enough crabon fribe and Raphaites, so assumed audax.

As I was fixing it, riders went past, slowed down,

“You OK?”

“Yes, thanks. Just a puncture.”

“Got everything you need?”

“Do you want a hand?”

“No, thanks. Just a puncture.”

“Do you need a spare tube?”

“No, thanks, I’ve got spares”

“You OK?”

Repeat.

😀

Lots of lovely friendly people out and about on bikes today! Did slow me down a bit, but with a smile on my face.

zippykona

Are you sure you’re OK?

everyone
    Free Member

Got everything you need?

Mackem

Do you want a hand?

bruneep

you ok hun x ?

jonnyboi

“Sends hugs”

leffeboy

repeat

vondally
    Free Member

Alright?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

martinhutch

PAY SOME ROAD TAX!

<Throws McDonald’s carton>

jekkyl

puncture? what is this, the 1980s? weirdo!

rOcKeTdOg

You always know a true cyclist by the way they react, when u ask if they are ok & they look incredulously at you for your impertinance of invading their space you know they are a newb

markcurtains
    Free Member

Show off. Takes me about 20 minutes to get the tyre off the rim

johnners
    Free Member

Definitely sounds like an Audax. You should’ve followed them, there’d have been cake! Sprotive (sic) riders would just have pelted you with gel wrappers.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Outa my way STRAVAAAAAA

singlespeedstu

Maybe they thought you looked like an ill prepared noob having been at the side of the road for 20 minutes with a puncture. 😛
    Or were you wearing your short skirt again. 😯

tomhoward

As I was fixing it

I call April fools. What was your gentlemans gentleman doing at the time?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Bicycle upside down?

anagallis_arvensis

Reminds me of the time I had a minor off in the middle of the night at Trentham doing sleepless solo…decided to have a nap seeing as how I was lay down anyway…you alright, you alright 240 000 times followed by a marshal trying to perform cpr or something.. well **** off the lit of you I’ll just ride my **** bike then

simondbarnes

you alright, you alright 240 000 times followed by a marshal trying to perform cpr or something.. well **** off the lit of you I’ll just ride my **** bike then

That made me chuckle 🙂
    When I was younger and more foolish I rode home after a cricket match (which involved many, many beers afterwards) and started feeling really ropey after a few miles so decided to have a lie down on the pavement. Next thing I know I’m being woken up by a motorcyclist who’d stopped thinking I’d been knocked off and he was about to call an ambulance. Nah, it’s alright, I’m just a bit sleepy!

singlespeedstu

I rode home after a cricket match (which involved many, many beers afterwards) and started feeling really ropey after a few miles so decided to have a lie down on the pavement.

I once had to have a “lie down on the pavement” at the end of our drive after a “ride home from a cricket match”. 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/bXarUq]Too much cider.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

greentricky
    Free Member

Sounds better than the Southdowns Spring Sportive I got caught up in earlier, what a bunch of miserable buggers, barely a hello or acknowledgement, one of them looked disgusted when I asked what event he was in, left them to it

njee20
    Free Member

That’s sportive versus audax. They’re racing, you should know the event!

MoreCashThanDash

Sportive – 30 somethings pretending they are racing

Audax – 50 somethings pretending they are not racing

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Took about twenty minutes to fix a puncture today.’ is closed to new replies.