Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • too much choice on enduro bikes!
  • spudly1979
    Free Member

Sorry, it’s another one of these! Looking to upgrade my canyon, currently looking at:
    Cube Stereo 160 HPA SL 650b
    Nukeproof Mega AM Pro
    Banshee Rune 650b
    Specialized Enduro 27.5

any thoughts or additions? The nukeproof and rune are both a bit more than the other choices, but just about within budget i think!

Do a mix of local rides and trail centres, but currently building up to some bigger jump park stuff – gap jumps etc which i fancy a bit burlier a bike for!

spudly1979
    Free Member

oh and potentially a Commencal Meta AM V4!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I demoed an Enduro recently in 650b flavour. It was rather excellent. Not ridden the others, I’m afraid.

deviant
    Free Member

You can’t really buy a bad bike in that category anymore.
    Designers got AM/Enduro geometry right a few years ago and components get better and better with each passing season.

That said, don’t get tunnel vision about needing 160mm travel.
    Tracy Moseley won her World Championship on a 150mm 29er and Joe Barnes used Canyon’s 140mm frame on more than one occasion.
    The official Giant Enduro team used the 140mm Trance for much of last year too.

When you open up the possibilities of bikes down to 140mm it is mind boggling how many Enduro capable bikes are out there.

spudly1979
    Free Member

thanks Flash, read your review already – prompted me to add the spesh to my list!

kimbers

Kona Process 153
    Orbea Rallon

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Banshee Spitfire, I have one very very capable “little” brother of the Rune. It’s nickname is the DHers trail bike for a reason, not once have I ever thought it’s not enough bike on any trail I’ve ridden.

davidrussell
    Free Member

what canyon do you have out of interest?

spudly1979
    Free Member

its a 2011 nerve am 7 in mamba green. couple of minor upgrades but basically as spec with a reverb added.

chiefgrooveguru

Banshee Spitfire, I have one very very capable “little” brother of the Rune. It’s nickname is the DHers trail bike for a reason, not once have I ever thought it’s not enough bike on any trail I’ve ridden.

Absolutely. It’s longer, lower and a little less slack than the Rune. 160mm front, 140mm rear. Although I’m frequently airborne I don’t go that high or far. Here’s another Spitfire owner going large on his:

spudly1979
    Free Member

ok, that sort of thing is waaaaaayyy out of my league! Just about clearing 1m gaps at the moment and building confidence!

Oh, while we’re on – does anyone have any tips for table tops? I seem to be getting air but then belly flopping onto the top with a thud!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Transition Coverts are now discontinued so the 2014 ones left should be going cheap
    YT Capra if you can wait ages for one and live with riding a bike called goat and with graphics aimed at teenagers (In my opinion)

chiefgrooveguru

Oh, while we’re on – does anyone have any tips for table tops? I seem to be getting air but then belly flopping onto the top with a thud!

It’s like pumping a roller with the top of the roller chopped off – so the bike wants to travel in an arc, upwards off the lip, then flat and sucked up into you and then downwards into the downslope.

Think about riding out the landing as opposed to riding the take off.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

These types of bikes all look and ride the same so buy whatevers best value and your mates think is coolest.

jagertom
    Free Member

I agree with the Spitfire fans, I’ve got one myself with the ccbda, and I was toying between the Rune and the Spitty. After some time on it I can’t think of any point where I’ve wanted a bigger bike. I’ve actually been glad I didn’t choose the Rune purely because the Spitty is built like a brick sh1thouse anyway, and is longer for more comfort on long rides. I’ve ridden everything from xc to just short of full DH courses and it doesn’t disappoint anywhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘too much choice on enduro bikes!’ is closed to new replies.