Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Too much bling?
  • psychle
    Free Member

I need a halflink chain for my SS build… my eye has been taken by this lovely gold number from Gusset… but is it just too bling?

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Nah!

aP
    Free Member

Bling?
    No, just ming.

tazzymtb

half links are ace but you really NEED this 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

I may be years behind but why do people use halflink chains? I thought halflinks were weaker/more prone to stretch than normal ones, at least they were back when I was bmxing. I'd rather just run one halflink to get the chain length right..

cynic-al
    Free Member

_tom_ get with the programme!

They're cool, apparently.

tazzymtb

they mean you can ss a frame with a vertical dropout without having to use a gumpy looking chain tensioner 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

lol, makes sense now! Fashion before function then 😛

You can get the same chain length with a normal chain for most of it then running one half link as far as I'm aware.

psychle
    Free Member

I'm using an EBB on a non-SS frame and can't get enough adjustment with a standard chain & my gearing (32 x 16), might've been able to with a half-link, but thought **** it, I'll just get a full half-link chain!

zangolin
    Free Member

Izumi Super Toughness chain is the one to get if you are on 1/8"

cynic-al
    Free Member

That IS cool!

tazzymtb

a single half-link can give the magic length for chains but I gave up with them as I snap more chains with using single half-link with a normal chain. A full half link chain lasted ok as well. 😕

psychle
    Free Member

That IS cool!

+1… 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Too much bling?’ is closed to new replies.