Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Too many bikes conundrum and a confession !
  • oldfart

While I wasn’t paying attention I ended up with FIVE bikes in total . 🙄 This has left me thinking the fleet must be reduced it’s getting ridiculous ! Roll call is 650B F/S , Ti H/T 29 er and old school 26er , a Retro Kona s/s cruiser and the most recent addition a CX bike at a bargain price . Here comes the confession bit I really enjoy riding ALL of them ( obviously not at the same time 😀 ) So during spells of inactivity I mull over which one to sell , which one I’d miss the least then when I ride the one destined for the chop I absolutely love it ! So how and why do we let ourselves get caught up in uneccessary scenarios like this ? Not normally weak willed but I guess I’m not harming anyone so…… .Or is it just me ?

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Insurance cost / potential loss if they all got nicked is what I’d worry about, but if you have them all covered and you have the space them you don’t have a problem. Unless of course you consider that the distributed use will extend their life and you’ll never get round to upgrading to the latest fad of oval wheels, organic frames or whatever.

oldfart

So far so good with insurance and as you say takes longer to wear stuff out !

saladdodger
    Free Member

Its just you yer silly old fart

Its like bloody groundhog day with you, just enjoy em x

padkinson
    Free Member

If you enjoy riding all of them then don’t get rid of any! Just make sure you look after them.

I’m on 8 now…

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Keep them all variety is the spice of life.I have changed my thinking with bikes these days just use certain ones in certain places.Love it.

TiRed

If you ride them all, and they all bring you pleasure, keep them all and feel no guilt. I have one mtb but plenty of other flavours. I ride them all (except the kiddyback tandem), so feel happy to keep them. Two track bikes and looking for a third is a little overkill though 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Too many bikes conundrum and a confession !’ is closed to new replies.