Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Too good to be true? head up display content
  • tomhoward

http://jet.reconinstruments.com/

These look pretty cool/geeky, if it works like they say it will. Though I suspect it may be pricy, very pricy.

Thoughts?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Thoughts?

I need all my visual sense to try avoid riding into things, I wouldn’t want a display in my eye line whilst riding a bike. If i want to know some information then I’ll glance down at the computer/GPS/whatever when it’s convenient to do so.

tomhoward

Would it be in your eye line though? Generally when I’m riding, especially road, I’m looking through the top of the glasses, rather than the bottom corner?

chriswilk
    Free Member

what i do for a living, is make this type of display.
    I guess that this will be ~£400 to £500 when if it comes out, and it will be 2014 in reality.
    Give it a couple of more years, and it will be down to ~£150

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Would it be in your eye line though?

Possibly it would only be in your peripheral vision but as it would likely be used for information that would be constantly updating (otherwise why bother) your brain would want to focus in on it.

It’s one of those things that is clever but I don’t really see it as a benefit on a bike. Maybe, just maybe it would be useful on a competitive timed run so that the rider can see if they are up on schedule or not but even that could probably be achieved with less distraction by some sort of audio feedback device.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Was thinking the other day that this sort of thing would be useful to project on to the visor on my pointy TT helmet.

VanMan
    Free Member

Isn’t that just Google Glass?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Too good to be true? head up display content’ is closed to new replies.