Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • "Too firm" brake levers on Hope discs
  • krixmeister

All,

I think I might know the answer already to my question, but wanted to check the collective intelligence of the interwebs first!
    So, took both wheels out of my bike to transport. The bike was in the bottom of a bus luggage storage area, with a bunch of other bikes. When I put the wheels back in, the levers (Hope Mono Mini) don't feel right. The levers feel "too firm", there is no travel, and in fact front and rear brakes dragging a bit.
    My guess is that the levers were compressed with the discs out of the calipers, causing the calipers to go out a bit too far. I'm hoping the solution is to simply take the pads out of the calipers, and push the calipers back in a bit?
    If that is the case, what tool should I use to push the calipers back in, without damage? Any other caveats I should be aware of?
    If not the case, any ideas?

Thanks for help!

–Kristan

votchy
    Free Member

tyre lever to push pistons back in or if you have an old set of pads that are no good fit those and use a large flat bladed screwdriver, be careful not to use a screw driver against the pistons as they are easily damaged

foxyrider
    Free Member

PLEASE LOOK AT HOPES VID! HERE You don't need to touch your pads – use a screwdriver behind the pad ! You wont ruin your pads then!

krixmeister

Thanks all – between the vid, and the tire lever tip, I should be sorted. Will attempt to not bodge the job completely when I get home tonight! Thanks again for everyone's help.

–Kristan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘"Too firm" brake levers on Hope discs’ is closed to new replies.