Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Tony Blair 'godfather to Rupert Murdoch's daughter'…
  • bullheart
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14785501

It’s quite difficult to think of anything positive about Tony Blair.

At all.

donsimon
    Free Member

He’s not the PM?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I used to think very positively of Tony Blair. Right up to the end of his first 100 days in power.

There is nothing that wouldn’t surprise me about the man now unfortunately, I think history is going to judge him very harshly indeed.

nacho
    Free Member

If he hadn’t got in we might have had continued Tory rule (I’m sure that would have been worse!)

willard

Are you sure it could have been worse? Really? Not sure John Major would have messed up the country as much as he did…

binners

Pfft! So cynical! Just look at all the good he’s done since he was Middle East peace envoy. The Gaza Strip and West Bank are calm and peaceful, just like Switzerland now I hear. Its population living alongside its neighbours in peace and contentment

Oh….. hang on a minute….

headfirst
    Free Member

John Major as chancellor: ‘high unemployment is a price worth paying…’ vs Blair and Brown’s longest period of sustained economic growth since forever. I know who I’d chose. In fact I’d take Blair over the current shitbags any day of the week

konabunny
    Free Member

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

This puts me in quite the bind.

Rupert has already bagged Tony and the Colonel is MIA, luckily I’ve got President Robert Mugabe as a fallback position on the godparent front.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s like being asked to pick between a kick in the testicles and a broken nose.

What would be nice is someone who is slightly better than the last few shysters we’ve had running the country. Surely it can’t be too difficult?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d take him over the current crowd too. Mind you, that’s not saying much.

kimbers

thats nothing my son is calld cameron and fatcha is his godmother

wrecker
    Free Member

Not for me thanks chef. That period of growth was based almost entirely on easy credit, not any mind bogglingly astute politics.

CHB

John Major as chancellor: ‘high unemployment is a price worth paying…’ vs Blair and Brown’s longest period of sustained economic growth since forever. I know who I’d chose. In fact I’d take Blair over the current shitbags any day of the week

Comparing the recession of the early 90’s to the crapfest that Brown presided over is very unfair. The labour government carried on the Conservatives (restrained) spending plans for the first year or two, then they went mental and Gordon spent the family warchest. The sustained economic growth they oversaw was built on dodgy foundations.
    Its similar in America…Obama getting a hard time for having to clear up the mess that Bush left. Do the electorate really have such a short memory?

mrmo
    Free Member

Do the electorate really have such a short memory?

yes. Remember half the population are of below average intelligence.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Jesus wept!

IGMC

konabunny
    Free Member

the family warchest

I’m gonna steer clear if your family saves up for wars. 🙁

CHB

Actually mrmo, half the poulation are below the median intelligence. Not sure how many are below average.

I’m gonna steer clear if your family saves up for wars.

If you are a tax payer then you do save up for wars, yes even the rubbish unjustified ones that we slavishly enter because some nut job in Washington wants to make his pappa proud.

zippykona

Could / should Blair be arrested for war crimes?

grantus
    Free Member

…and half – or less than half – bother to vote anyway!

Was always a labour voter until Blair became party leader. Never liked him. All the cool britannia stuff really stuck in my craw.

Guys like Major and Ken Clarke, for example, I may never agree with their politics but I think they are decent men – although I hadn’t heard the high unemployment quote before. Kind of makes me change my mind about Major a bit if that’s what he said.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

well his government did fabricate loads of bs evidence to justify the war to satisfy his own religeously-skewed slant on reality.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Tony Blair 'godfather to Rupert Murdoch's daughter'…’ is closed to new replies.