Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tony Blair and Boris Johnson.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I just saw an interview with Boris on the AM show where, when cornered about his changed attitude to the great global warming debate ("I agree with Bush it's all leftie nonsense" to "I agree with Kyoto we've got to do something") he said "Well when Charles Darwin was young I'm sure he believed in the bible and all the rest of it, but when he found proof of evolution, he changed his mind".

In other words, "Yes I was wrong but, having seen the evidence, I'm big enough to acknowledge that and now think we need to take action".

As opposed to: "I was right, and even if I was wrong, I would have still been right"!

It is a new dawn, is it not? 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

"I agree with Bush it's all leftie nonsense"

What, George W. Bush ? 😕

As far as I'm aware, Dubya accepted that man-made Climate Change was occurring – even an idiot like him couldn't deny the overwhelming evidence………he was just reluctant to do much about it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

As far as I'm aware, Dubya accepted that man-made Climate Change was occurring

Eventually, but not at the point illustrated by my comments regarding Boris, which at some point, I assume you may have a comment to make? It being the actual illustration I am trying to elevate, like…

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is reassuring to see a politician admit they were wrong …I am sure Boris is very used to this and will continue to practice this throughout the rest of his life politically and personally.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ever thought of a career on the stage? 🙄

vinnyeh

Alternatively, Boris has seen that his stance will leave him increasingly isolated so has moved to a more populist opinion.
    Blair's had the courage to stick with his conviction that Saddam needed to be removed, but has had to acknowledge that the reason he used to sell that decision was wrong (either deliberately, or through incorrect information provided to him), but is sticking with the call on the grounds that the world is a better place without Saddam.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

I assume you may have a comment to make?

Yes…… and since you appear to have missed it, I'll make it again :

'even an idiot like Bush couldn't deny the overwhelming evidence'

Coyote
    Free Member

Blair's had the courage to stick with his conviction that Saddam needed to be removed

Lying for your own ends has nothing to do with courage.

but is sticking with the call on the grounds that the world is a better place without Saddam

Maybe so but isn't declaring war for regime change illegal? Also. I'm sure that the 100,000's of Iraqis who have lost loved ones through Bliar and Bush's cack-handed handling of the war say a little prayer of thanks every day. They sent in the troops under false pretenses with absolutely *NO* exit strategy. For that alone they are criminals.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    Ever thought of a career on the stage?

Is that aimed at me?
    Why?
    Boris has been a serial adulterer and talks sh1t politically – went to liverpool to say sorry as another example – that was my point not at all trying to be funny.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tony Blair and Boris Johnson.’ is closed to new replies.