Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Tony Bellew and David Haye to meet in heavyweight fight on 4 March
  • cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

its like a scene from Rocky.. adrianeeeeee

ton

dont see bellew worrying any other heavyweights.
    from round 6 he was fighting half a man.

DezB
    Free Member

No excuses from Haye. Great reaction from him I reckon.
    Agreed, no way Bellew should continue at heavy and Haye has to retire, surely.

jekkyl

‘lets do it all again, we can double the payout, if the fans like it and he wants to we can do it all again.’

tails
    Free Member

Did bellow catch him or did he get injured our link went flakey?

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

if you want to pay us loads of cash lets do it again..

I like Bellew. he’s a true honest fighter.. admittedly in his own world..

The fat scouser won!!!

Haye did his achilles / ankle and kept going until the towel. Haye got clipped and fell through the ropes. Hardly had the mobility to get back up

jekkyl

‘he beat me fair and square’ repeat

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

TBH after all the hype it didnt really get going bar the injury ( haye definitely not going back to toegate!)

DezB
    Free Member

jekkyl –
    ‘lets do it all again, we can double the payout, if the fans like it and he wants to we can do it all again.’

Well, that is how they make their money..

after all the hype it didnt really get going
    God no! It was warming up, but because the injury happened the actual fight was garbage.

Caher

Muhammad Ali fought on with a broken jaw

seosamh77
    Free Member

A comedy show. I’m no buying the dodgy ankle story either. His legs turned to jelly more I thought, and he was stoating about like he’d 10 pints. And bellew is just a shanner of a boxer should have finished him long before it finished! terrible, terrible fight. Both should cash their cheques and retire! rematch? 😆

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

strange after thought. Bellew almost called the fight perfectly except the gas part / stool

1) Hayes body would give up
    2) The prefight visiti to the Dr setting up the excuses
    3)Haye was injured.
    4) Haye would retire on his stool ( at one point i thought he would )

5) Haye would be beaten by a fat scouser!

I really think Bellew should take over Mystic Meg’s column in The Sun. No wonder Haye was so gracious in defeat.

In the other fight where does the Magicman go now? Such a size difference.

muggomagic

I really like Bellew. He’s a warrior, but had Haye not gotten injured he’d not have won that. Haye was just starting to use his jab and catch him with some decent shots before that happened and Haye looked far more capable of going into the later rounds as Bellew looked to be struggling with the extra weight. Most surprising thing was that Bellew didn’t have the power, fitness or accuracy to finish off a sitting duck in 5 rounds.
    Credit to Haye for not making excuses again. He’s now a very long way from where he wants to be in terms of competing for world titles again and not sure there’s a way back for him now. He’ll probably have a few more grudge fights to top up the bank balance before calling it a day. I don’t really know where Bellew goes from here, he clearly isn’t a heavyweight but hopefully this win will make him a name with casual boxing fans in the U.K. and he can move back to cruiser and defend his title.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Well I enjoyed that.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Respect to Haye for continuing when he clearly couldn’t move or set for a punch but even before that he looked a shadow of the fighter he once was.
    I admire Bellew’s determination/belief BUT whilst I believe he knows AJ is too big he’s not big or skillful enough to take on a genuine heavyweight who can land. Wilder’s pretty poor but he can bang. Fury/Parker is the most likely Hearn pick and whilst the money will be bigger than defending at cruiserweight I hope Bellew chooses based on his boxing judgement alone and isn’t overly swayed by the cash.
    I wonder if all the Eddie Hearn it’s a mismatch haters will be openly eating their humble pie?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Tony Bellew and David Haye to meet in heavyweight fight on 4 March’ is closed to new replies.