Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Tony Bellew and David Haye to meet in heavyweight fight on 4 March
  • genesiscore502011
    Free Member

At Heavyweight…. Who will win???

Pigface
    Free Member

Haye has the firepower but has only fought three times in years. Bellew will have to keep his emotions in check, I think Haye will stop him.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Hhmm heart says Bellew and head says Haye. If it happens and goes ahead fair play to both. If Haye losses has to be it for him. If Bellew losses then maybe not the end.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikey3
    Free Member

Pension fight for both of them.

BoardinBob

Farcical. Despise the pair of them but the first time Haye touches Bellew he’ll get him out of there. If it’s lasts beyond a round I’ll be amazed

DezB
    Free Member

Bizarre! Bellew can’t be that desperate to fight him, surely?! Does he think Haye got lucky knocking out Chisora?
    Haye will smash him. Strange character Bellew.

Garry_Lager

Haye is a comedian and just crystalises all that is wrong with modern boxing – should be in the WWF. He’ll still put Bellew to bed, both get paid and go home happy.
    Circus of a fight really and a reminder that Ward v Kovalev is very much the exception to the rule of boxing matchups these days.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I’m surprised the briggs fight didnt go ahead.. even with browne busted again.
    Haye should win if Bellew doesnt fight smart. Still not convinced Haye can carry the extra weight over 12 rounds.

Both could do panto. Dont get me started on the Judges last weekend

BoardinBob

Circus of a fight really and a reminder that Ward v Kovalev is very much the exception to the rule of boxing matchups these days.

Lomachenko – Walters tonight should be an absolute classic

DezB
    Free Member

Buuump!

Who’s paying to view this one then? Press conference has been kids in the playground stuff. Amazing how obviously personal it’s got for professional sportmen.
    Want Haye to win mainly because Bellew and his fans are just morons.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

What’s the date & time of this? Where’s it on?

Painey
    Free Member

This Saturday evening, Sky pay per view

DezB
    Free Member

Starts at 6pm. (The usual £16.95, robbing bastards.) Couple of good fights on the bill – Ohara Davies vs Derry Mathews, Sam Eggington vs Paulie Malignaggi.
    Mathews and Eggington always give good value even if Bellew is on his back within 3 minutes.

monde
    Free Member

Will watch it but more for the sadistic side of me wanting to see Bellew get knocked out. Will be even more joyous if it happens in the 1st round.
    As you say couple of decent fights on the undercard to keep us entertained.

jekkyl

if you go on the Facebook live videos and flick around you’ll very likely find someone streaming it, not HD quality though obvs.

jimdubleyou

Amazing how obviously personal it’s got for far professional sportmen have to go to hype a Pay-Per-View event

FTFY

deepreddave
    Free Member

I understand why both are Marmite characters. I think Haye is an exceptional fighter on his day, quick and explosive, but Bellew is world cruiserweight champion and has genuine heart. I think Bellew’s reading of the fight is probably about right in that if he survives into the middle rounds his chances increase as each round passes. The question is can he? If not then I hope any ko is a single blow out the ref gets in quickly as I suspect Bellew will try to continue at all costs.
    It’s certain Bellew has pressed Haye’s buttons though, far too easily imo.

Thurman V Garcia is a potential cracker too. Both would batter Khan but not Brook.

DezB
    Free Member

Amazing how obviously personal[s] it’s got for [/s]far professional sportmen have to go to hype a Pay-Per-View event

So you’ve watched some of the build up stuff yeah? It goes way beyond normal fight hype – calling each other effing pricks and doing w signs… I know what usual pre-fight hype looks like 🙄

jimdubleyou

So you’ve watched some of the build up stuff yeah? It goes way beyond normal fight hype – calling each other effing pricks and doing w signs… I know what usual pre-fight hype looks like

It’s an escalation, but I can almost guarantee you they will have a “new found respect” for each other at the end of the fight.

I might be being overly cynical, but the press conferences these days seem to be a contest to outdo the last outrageous display.

DezB
    Free Member

Nah, sorry, I know Bellew’s been in a Rocky film, but there’s no way they’re both that good actors!

mooman
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Starts at 6pm. (The usual £16.95, robbing bastards.) Couple of good fights on the bill – Ohara Davies vs Derry Mathews, Sam Eggington vs Paulie Malignaggi.
    Mathews and Eggington always give good value even if Bellew is on his back within 3 minutes.

They were pretty good friends before they both realized they could make serious money fighting each other by simply hyping the fight to the people who know next to nothing about boxing.

Haye was going nowhere in his heavyweight comeback – Bellew got very lucky in his cruiser title fight … but Stevenson, and even Cleverly showed his real level. Its a totally one-sided fight.

And as for that undercard … Derry Mathews and Malignaggi … are those two dinosaurs still around??

Junkyard
    Free Member

Haye does this every fight and he has just increased the hatred at each one to make it more “real” than the last one as this time its PERSONAL [ again]

I dont care what happens as I personally hope they both lose;I have no respect for either participants as human beings as this sort of shit is more “sports entertainment wrestling style than it is an actual sport.

Still I guess it works as it sells stuff and folk believe its all real

fatmax

Pair of bell ends so don’t care who wins. 😛
    Hope it’s a good scrap though!

DezB
    Free Member

hyping the fight to the people who know next to nothing about boxing

Oh look out, Bert Sugar has spoken.

mooman
    Free Member

Ok then boxing guru … explain to me why you think this will be a good fight.

DezB
    Free Member

Where have I said that?

mooman
    Free Member

DezB – Member

So you’ve watched some of the build up stuff yeah? It goes way beyond normal fight hype – calling each other effing pricks and doing w signs… I know what usual pre-fight hype looks like

DezB – Member
    Nah, sorry, I know Bellew’s been in a Rocky film, but there’s no way they’re both that good actors!

These two comments kinda had me thinking you`d fallen for the hype.
    Kind regards,

Burt S xxx

DezB
    Free Member

Now quote where I said it would be a good fight!
    Yeah, as a sports fan, forgive me for getting excited about a fight, but I think it’ll be quite an event. And the only thing anyone needs to know about boxing is that it is unpredictable. 🙂

Obviously Garcia-Thurman is the real fight this weekend. That’s gonna be quality.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Like the other poster i thought you appeared to be looking fwd to it
    However it now appears you are excited about a fightevent that you think will be rubbish dont think will be good…interesting way to defend yourself there Dez 😕

DezB
    Free Member

Defending myself. Yeah that’s what I was doing 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Well at least we agree we on something

Have a spade on me

DezB
    Free Member

Nobody predicted this. Its mental.

dougieb
    Free Member

toe to toe. Bellew should have finished it by now though

dougieb
    Free Member

Haye still dangerous but if it goes to the cards surely Bellew has it. I’d agree though – it’s mental !!

DezB
    Free Member

Bellew has to be enjoying how many times he’s able to hit Haye in the face! Just can’t summon the power to hurt Haye though. Bellew’s either just too knackered to do it, or he wants it to last. Reckon Haye should’ve been pulled out when it first happened really.

jekkyl

🙂

dougieb
    Free Member

Agreed. Neither are really heavyweights though. Compelling viewing however

jimdubleyou

Oh look, they are friends again. What a surprise…

DezB
    Free Member

Damn!

jekkyl

we were denied a decent ending

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Tony Bellew and David Haye to meet in heavyweight fight on 4 March’ is closed to new replies.