Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tony Banks / Longlife Exhausts Leeds – Petrol heads to the forum
  • beamers

Afternoon all

My Subaru Outback (2005 model / coming up on 60K miles) has sprouted a hole in the centre section of its exhaust and needs replacing.

Anyone had an exhaust system fitted to their car by Tony Banks in Leeds?

Cheapest option that I have found so far, prior to receiving a quote from Tony Banks, was £505 fitted from a main dealer. Replacement section would be a genuine Subaru part, albeit in stainless steel with a 10 year guarantee, and not mild steel like the original section. Local back street garages were quoting almost 4 figures!

Tony Banks will do centre section and both back boxes / tail pipes in stainless steel with a lifetime guarantee for £399. Choice of tail pipe design and soud(!), slightly more power, torque, MPG.

Sounds too good to be true.

What couse of action would the STW petrol heads advise.

Ta in advance.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve heard good and bad things of Tony Banks but the Longlife Exhausts aren’t the best as they are just generic sections welded together. I’ve seen a couple STdrivers forum and they have been good to shockingly bad.
    If you’re keeping the car and want something that will last and perform then look at JP Exhausts in Macklesfield. Everything is designed and made from scratch.The quality is 2nd to none and when you see the cars and bikes they have there you’ll no why.

beamers

Thanks Craig.

lasty
    Free Member

For custom stuff i`ve always used TONY LAW – Stourton.
    Theyll makeowt …. Reasonably priced too !!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tony Banks / Longlife Exhausts Leeds – Petrol heads to the forum’ is closed to new replies.