Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Tonight's Spooks
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I note that Spooks has been having a slagging off on here of late.

But – I have to say that I thought tonight’s episode was sheer class.

And next week’s looks like this trend will continue.

I do wish Ruth would wash her hair though…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Loreal- because you’re worth it.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Was very good

Harry_the_Spider

Ruth looks like she smells a bit. Probably of wee and/or biscuits.

qcamel
    Free Member

It is a concern though that MI5 promote a guy to section chief that has a stolen identity though……

M6TTF
    Free Member

I thought it was bobbins – it’s got progressively worse, might as well call it jackanory these days

allthepies
    Free Member

“Tonight’s” ? It was on Monday wasn’t it.

derek_starship
    Free Member

allthepies – yep – sorry – we “taped” it and watched it last night.

Still can’t get into saying “we recorded it” or “V+ed it.”

Ruth looks like she has a whiff of raclette about her.

But I bet Beth smells lovely…

headfirst
    Free Member

It is a concern though that MI5 promote a guy to section chief that has a stolen identity though……

+1

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

qcamel – Member

headfirst – Member
    +1

Slightly concerned that you two might be mixing up fictional drama with documentaries? 😯

derek_starship
    Free Member

Well said dd 😀

slowjo
    Free Member

Still can’t get into saying “we recorded it” or “V+ed it.

+1

I get so much grief from my son about this.

I am digitising my music collection at the moment and I refer to that as “taping” too, much to his exasperation.

Ruth…. yes, she needs a good hair wash!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Slightly concerned that you two might be mixing up fictional drama with documentaries?

Yeah, but things do have to be credulous within their own fictional context for the fiction to be believable.
    Anyway, word has it on the grid that in next week’s episode Serbia wreaks havoc by sending a heard of stealth unicorns to infiltrate MI6, and MI5 have to contact their old adversaries in Eire to borrow some leprechauns to hunt them down with lucky heather. 🙂

fisha
    Free Member

Serbia wreaks havoc by sending a heard of stealth unicorns to infiltrate MI6, and MI5 have to contact their old adversaries in Eire to borrow some leprechauns to hunt them down with lucky heather.

does that make it a fight over some lukszy charms then?

julianwilson
    Free Member

😆

my favourite was the episode which starts with the train blowing up in Iran, simply for the amazing ridiculo-gadgetry. Injectable drug with special homing beacon in it? Coming right up sir! 😕

Harry_the_Spider

She probably smells of old books and tomato plants too.

Just thought I’d add that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, but things do have to be credulous within their own fictional context for the fiction to be believable.

Have read and seen far more preposterous shite in spy genres that seemed perfectly acceptable to those reading and watching. I did have a “Eh? He managed to get in to MI5 with a stolen identity?” moment too and then thought, relax man, it’s just TV innit. I was happy to let it slide.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Bet Ruth would make a nice breakfast though,good old fry up and pot of tea, none of that croissants,cereal and coffee crap

That sort of thing is more important at my age than worrying if her barnet is shiny or not

Harry_the_Spider

Bet Ruth would make a nice breakfast though,good old fry up and pot of tea, none of that croissants,cereal and coffee crap

That sort of thing is more important at my age than worrying if her barnet is shiny or not

True, but the smell, manky grey undies and her numerous cats would mean that you would want to be out of the door ASAP.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I think TT is spot on with the Ruth brekky.

I bet she could replace the front and rear pads on a long wheelbased Transit too – no pissin’ about.

What car would Ruth drive?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

True, but the smell, manky grey undies and her numerous cats would mean that you would want to be out of the door ASAP

Nah, I quite like her,reckon she would scrub up alright and wouldn’t keep moaning when you went out on the bike or down the pub

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nah, I quite like her,reckon she would scrub up alright and wouldn’t keep moaning when you went out on the bike or down the pub

I quite like her too. Thought she wasn’t looking too bad in the FMBs too. 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Breakfast with Ros (RIP) would consist of her telling you to eff off then chasing you out of the house with a loaded 9mm and a sharpened screw driver.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ros Myers…

A cat’s arse

(But yeah – I have been slagging off this series but really enjoyed Monday’s episode).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

(RIP)

I wouldn’t be so sure about that…

…we never did see a body did we?

Harry_the_Spider

I bet that Beth’s flat is a bit of a tip too. Not cats and massive grey pants drying on every radiator like Ruth’s, but piles of pizza boxes and unopened mail.

Breakfast would consist of the remnants of the previous nights take away and a swig from a half finished can of Breaker. Probably with a dimp in it.

Breakfast with Lucas would consist of a steely look and a poached egg.

Harry. Kippers.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I think Ruth would drive this:

Bet she trumps like a good un.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I like it – some episodes are a bit silly but hey ho, it’s entertaining!

clubber
    Free Member

A bit like your posts, Mat 😉

I thought it was a good episode too – OK Lucas’ whole identity thing seems a little far fetched but I liked the more dark tone of the episode.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

A bit like your posts, Mat

😆 😳 😆

I notice geeky little things – like when that guy took a “toss” shot with a Barratt – it hit a guy and he just had a little shoulder wound. His entire shoulder and arm would have been removed in reality.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member
    I think TT is spot on with the Ruth brekky.

I bet she could replace the front and rear pads on a long wheelbased Transit too – no pissin’ about.

Brake shoes on the back of a Transit 😛

Just to let you know Ruth would be “FILTH” in bed, stress relief and very grateful as her career does not allow much social time so would give it 100 % and be very grateful, more tricks than a ringmaster’s dog and would gladly carry out a “Belgium reverse steamboat”

Remember her old Greek partner who got slotted, Shamir or whatever he was called, 20 years her junior……Slut. 😛

sharkbait
    Free Member

I suspect Ruth doesn’t ‘trim’ much either 😐

Harry_the_Spider

Ruth probably would “Shock & Awe”. You would need to walk naked through a car wash afterwards. There would be loads of ethnic fertility statues of elephants with hard-ons and evil smelling candles (to mask the other evil smells). It would be like getting your oats in Uncle Monty’s front room and would probably be just as painful for a couple of days afterwards.

Jo (RIP) on the other hand would be all crying and herbal tea in a minimalist white painted box containing only a futon and several thousand cuddly toys.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Jo (RIP) on the other hand would be all crying and herbal tea in a minimalist white painted box containing only a futon and several thousand cuddly toys.

Ahhh, and Jo would no longer need to trim 😈

derek_starship
    Free Member

Re: Jo (RIP) – it would be a bit like tupping Bambi.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Tonight's Spooks’ is closed to new replies.