Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Tonights debate !
  • allthepies
    Free Member

>Brown's smile was a disaster! Whoever told him to do that is fired! If it was Sue she is having a bad week!

Maybe the "bigot" woman told him he should smile more and is now cackling like a good un at home.

boxelder

BuGG3r, I missed it.
    I KNEW I shouldn't of gone up around Whinlatter – all those dry, dusty trails with a sunset.

Tiger6791

I'm just suprised he didn't say…

"Yesterday when I was in Rochdale I was talking to a bigoted woman and she told me…."

Spud

It's about time we had an abstention box on the ballot paper!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well, living in Rochdale i have to say Brown nailed most of the population with that remark!

allthepies
    Free Member

callmedave wins again on the yougov poll

http://today.yougov.co.uk/politics/instant-reactions-final-debate

blah, blah, yougov, sun, tory, blah, blah, murdock….

😆

DaveGr
    Free Member

Should I be wary of someone who keeps putting their hand in their trouser pocket?

I'd be more worried if they keep putting their hand in your trouser pocket…….

El-bent
    Free Member

callmedave wins again on the yougov poll

I don't believe it. 🙄

alwyn
    Free Member

Anyone who thought Brown 'won' that clearly wasn't watching the same debate as the rest of Britain.

El-bent
    Free Member

Anyone who thought Brown 'won' that clearly wasn't watching the same debate as the rest of Britain.

Do you know everyone in Britain? Birthdays must be a nightmare.

alwyn
    Free Member

When the Guardian even admits Brown lost you know he's had a bad night.

El-bent
    Free Member

Times say Clegg and Callme dave drew. What of it? Considering the Guardian can't stand Clegg, they were going to say that.

porterclough
    Free Member

Hmm… Are people really saying that if the Guardian comissions a poll it will get a different result than if the Sun or ITV comission it?

aracer
    Free Member

Blimey – didn't expect to find this in the Grauniad (or is it just a call to arms for wavering voters and I'm being a bit slow at this time of night?)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/apr/30/leaders-debate-david-cameron-no-10

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm… Are people really saying that if the Guardian comissions a poll it will get a different result than if the Sun or ITV comission it?

Well if they are it appears they'd be wrong
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/apr/29/leaders-debate-cameron-brown-campaign

aracer
    Free Member
    El-bent
    Free Member

The Guardian ignored it's own online poll, but I suppose that would be biased with lots of centerists voting on it(Can't call them lefties if they like brown).

Speaking of bias, ugov's lawyers tried to shut a website down today after the site pointed out how it went about compiling results for its polls.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What do you mean by "when the Guardian even admits Brown lost" ?

The Guardian isn't 'the Labour Party'. In fact the Guardian hasn't even decided who it's going to support this election :

Election editorial: who should the Guardian support?

You'll notice in that article, that out of the 17 general elections since 1945, the Guardian has supported the Liberals, Liberal/SDP Alliance, or the Liberal Democrats, 13 times.

The Guardian has only given the Labour Party unequivocal support three times since 1945.

And in fact even in 1945 when the Labour Party achieved a landslide victory and was, unbelievably, supported by the Times, the Guardian supported the Liberals.

The Guardian has always been an untrustworthy liberal bourgeois paper.

aracer
    Free Member

And in fact even in 1945 when the Labour Party achieved a landslide victory and was, unbelievably, supported by the Times

Well it presumably wasn't owned by Murdoch back then! In fact checking the history it was edited by Robert M'Gowan Barrington-Ward at the time who was a Labour supporter, with the left wing pro-soviet Edward Hallett Carr as assistant editor.

Though given that according to your own link they also supported Labour the last 2 elections I don't see why it should be at all surprising.

porterclough
    Free Member

It makes as little sense to compare the modern day Guardian with the old Manchester Guardian as it does to compare Murdoch's rag with The Times as it used to be before he got his hands on it.

aracer
    Free Member

The Guardian has always been an untrustworthy liberal bourgeois paper.

Well yes, but where else do you suggest getting intelligent left leaning comment (serious question)?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It makes as little sense to compare the modern day Guardian with the old Manchester Guardian as it does to compare Murdoch's rag with The Times as it used to be before he got his hands on it.

You need to tell that to the Guardian – they are the ones who have been comparing today's Guardian with the Guardian in the past.

Personally, I think it makes perfect sense. There is no fundamental differences at all between the modern day Guardian and the old Manchester Guardian. The Guardian has remained consistently the same – liberal and bourgeois. The Times is a different paper.

Well yes, but where else do you suggest getting intelligent left leaning comment (serious question)?

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't read the Guardian – I do.

aracer
    Free Member

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't read the Guardian – I do.

I've gone right off it now 😉

Northwind

"Yesterday when I was in Rochdale I was talking to a bigoted woman and she told me…."

I would have voted for him until the end of time if he'd said that.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I've gone right off it now

I think the opinion pages are of full of sh1t………… if that helps

aracer
    Free Member

I would have voted for him until the end of time if he'd said that.
    Unfortunately all the bigoted women wouldn't!

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Tonights debate !’ is closed to new replies.