Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tonight I rode a bike for the first time!
  • enduro-aid
    Free Member

….in 9 weeks..

9 weeks after crashing my mountain bike, breaking my hip and undergoing major surgery to rebuild it / put a big **** metal pin and plate in, tonight i have finally got back on a bike!

ok it was my road bike and it was on a turbo trainer but I was on a saddle spinning my legs!!

look out world i’m back!

wwaswas

Cool:)

Took me longer to get back on a bike when I broke my hip.

banks
    Free Member

Good going! My old man had something similar but took months & months – the only thing which kept him going was riding the bike with dog to the pub 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Feels bloody great doesn’t it?! I hate being off the bike for any length of time. It’s horrible

It’s not an addiction. Honest! 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

Yay!! Good to be back, isn’t it? 🙂

Rachel

patriotpro
    Free Member

You’re gonna ache in the morning 😉

enduro-aid
    Free Member

the doctors have said that i can use the turbo trainer for a couple of weeks before trying out the road bike proper after that, as for the mountain bike it will be a couple of months.

Its great to be back, was just a short spin as i didnt want to push but was desperate to try.

stratman
    Free Member

Good going! My old man had something similar but took months & months – the only thing which kept him going was riding the bike with dog to the pub

Was the dog the pilot or the stoker? 🙂

matt_outandabout

*likes*
    Heal quick.

ononeorange

Much less than you I know but I recall clearly the angst, teeth-gnashing and hours of mournfully gazing out of the window after ankle surgery a couple of years ago. The surgeon said I could think about being back on the bike in three weeks but it ended up being six…..SIX!!

Mrs o came home one night to find me balanced on my bike against a wall with the crutches on the floor pathetically trying to turn the pedals ( I had unhooked the chain). It took me forever just to get on it.

Go, you!

mt
    Free Member

Really briliant, remember a little a lot. Good luck!
    Last year trying to get into full lycra for a 5 minute turbo spin in the garage. Fractured femur with a pin or not, for me it was a bike ride. Getting on the bike was more like a circus act.
    Am layed up again now that the pin has been taken out (Tuesday) back to the turbo in 3/4 weeks.

If you are in Yorkshire near the Dales we could meet for a post opp ride.

core

Must be a great feeling, I haven’t been injured lately thankfully, but haven’t ridden much the last 12 months, now I’ve moved house I ride one of my bikes a little bit every night, seems odd that I had them in the shed before but rarely took them out.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

based up near glasgow MT so not really an option. I fractured the neck of my femur and the doc’s put in a dynamic hip screw so they actually said under normal circumstances they would let me walk on the leg the day after the op but as i’m a “active” person it was no weight on it for 7 weeks and then partial weight bearing after that.

All the doc’s I’ve spoke to have said that they want to leave all the metal work in as taking it out will cause more damage

allthegear
    Free Member

Just strapped the bike to roof of car. Going to try and do the red route at Thetford tonight. 🙂

Rachel

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tonight I rode a bike for the first time!’ is closed to new replies.