Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Tonight I ran so far…
  • molgrips
    Free Member

If you are wanting to lose weight then make sure that you don’t run too fast – you need to keep your heartrate down in the fat burning zone, which isn’t very high.

That’s the old skool.

The new skool is HIIT for weight loss.

GW
    Free Member

so..are you actually thin yet?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The new skool is HIIT for weight loss.

and what rate is your weight loss?

the advantage of the low heartrate is the low intensity bit, which is good if you don’t enjoy running…

I covered 9 miles in 1.5 hours

so some walking/stopping – you surely don’t run at 10 minutes a mile?

molgrips
    Free Member

Is my rate of weight loss indicitive of the efficacy of HIIT? Given that I don’t train regularly and struggle to eat well? Read some studies, don’t just ask me, I didn’t invent the idea in the bath one evening!

the advantage of the low heartrate is the low intensity bit, which is good if you don’t enjoy running..

No, not really. Running slowly is boring, running fast is much more fun to me. Even if it is only for 30 seconds 🙂 I can run at about 7 and a bit mins per mile for 5k,

so some walking/stopping – you surely don’t run at 10 minutes a mile?

Read the post. Lots of walking, admiring the view, and a good 10 mins spent chatting to a random stranger whilst walking.

FWIW 7m/m is fast for me, 8.30 is pretty slow.

willard

That sounds like me on a good day when running with the dogs… Stopping every five minutes so that they can wee, poo or sniff. I’m not that keen on running with them, but they do make me run faster (when they run!).

Now, if only I could get rid of this bloody stitch.

GW
    Free Member

dogging basically?

emsz
    Free Member

10 mins per mile is ok for distance running

Never had sore nips, not even when I just used a horrible old bra!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Maybe I need a bra then!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Tonight I ran so far…’ is closed to new replies.