Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Tonight, Ch5, 8pm, the highlight of the sporting year
  • IHN

World’s Strongest Man. Love it 🙂

Vinte
    Free Member

Now you’ve got Norfolk’s maddest man.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I think you’re a **** dick mate.

slackalice
    Free Member

The final, now showing.

Are WADA involved in any of this? 😆

mikey74
    Free Member

Ahhh so that’s where the World’s supply of steroids went :mrgreen: (watching at the mo)

slackalice
    Free Member

It’s a blood vessel bursting bonanza! 😀

dannybgoode

7pm but close enough. Been watching it for years – then the darts. My new years day standard fair 🙂

simondbarnes

I think you’re a **** dick mate.

I think he’s a sCUNThorpe

binners

It’s not new year until i’ve Seen a man towing a truck with his teeth

aracer
    Free Member

Interesting use of the Scunthorpe problem for swear filter evasion 😯

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Big Z should maybe have stayed quit.

Did Hall say why he was quitting?

slackalice
    Free Member

Did Hall say why he was quitting?

Yes. Having fulfilled his long held dream of being the WSM and the sacrifices he has made to achieve it, he now wants to be a father and a husband to his family. Or something like that. Rather emotional as it goes and brought tears to my eyes.

Or am I meant to STW-fy it and complain about the amount of dust in the room? 🙄

Men cry too shocker 😉

Stevet1
    Free Member

Watched the final last night, thought it was great, Hall showed true grit throughout, although you could also see how much Bjornsson wanted it.
    Very emotional at the end, you were left in doubt how much it meant to Hall to get the win.

dannybgoode

Yeah – the room went dusty for me as well. Great win for the man. Love the at you have these 200kg+ blokes in bits – big softies like the rest of us.

And seeing someone deadlift 472.5kg 😯 . I can only dream!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

And seeing someone deadlift 472.5kg

Fairly sure he did 500kg at the deadlift-only contest some while back.

Unreal.

jimjam
    Free Member

I had no idea what this thread was about 😉 . I wanted Hapfthor to win but great to see Eddie Hall winning it. Fantastic to see considering. I wonder how they’ve compared over the last few seasons of strongman comps – I get the impression the WSM competition is more of a TV gimmick than the real deal so to speak.

BoardinBob

There’s a brilliant documentary on Netflix. not The Beast about Eddie Hall, it’s a different one that covers all the top competitors and centres around The Arnold Classic. Fascinating viewing.

jimjam
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

There’s a brilliant documentary on Netflix. not The Beast about Eddie Hall, it’s a different one that covers all the top competitors and centres around The Arnold Classic. Fascinating viewing.

Think I might have added that to my list, thanks. I tried watching ‘The Beast” but I had to tap out. No offence to Eddie but I could only hear him cry poverty so many times while his wife was driving a Bentley. Granted, not a new one, but still not a transport choice you make on the breadline.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Tonight, Ch5, 8pm, the highlight of the sporting year’ is closed to new replies.