Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tomtomtrackworld…….?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

…i retired my 6 year old satnav and bought the via 135 as is on sale in halfords… So what is eco route option all about? Is it better than fastest route option? ..surely the fastest route is economical route, or is it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

from a Tom Tom forum

A description of Eco Route from a manual about one of the commercial (truck / fleet) TomTom devices fill in a tiny bit more info about this:

“The Eco Route calculator considers all the factors that affect fuel consumption and identifies the most fuel-efficient route for the journey, saving you money at the pump while reducing your impact onthe environment.?”

surely the fastest route is economical route, or is it?

If you can maintain a steady speed with less stop start you will be more efficient, so cutting through town etc. may be faster but may involve more stop start.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Exactly what i was thingking with less start-stop.. Tried yesterday going to sherwood pines from west midlands.. Use the fastest route on the way there..and it makes me take the m69–>A46 to Newark then country roads most 50/60mph the rest of the way…. On the way back i choose the eco route.. And it takes me inside a small town 30mph (its the town where you turn left on the way out of sherwood pines) with loads of traffic lights (pedestrian) then m1 and m69 ❓ …imo the fastest route is the eco route 😕

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tomtomtrackworld…….?’ is closed to new replies.