Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • TomTom Runner 2 or Garmin Vivoactive Hr…..
  • Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Hello,

Been looking for a smart/training/everyday sort of watch and was pretty much sold on the TomTom Runner 2 for that purpose until I read about the Garmin Vivoactive Hr… Which does pretty much the same but is able to take notifications from the phone, Not really needed but a nice to have, especially on a long ride when I can just stick the bike in the bag and forget about and get my wife’s “where are you?” “are you one the way home?” texts straight to my wrist.

Anyone have any experience with either, or can offer any other options in the sort of under £200 price range.

Cheers, Steve

geoffj

We have both in the house. The TomTom is a better fitness watch and step counter, but the smart features of the Vivoactive are attractive. I use a Garmin Fenix 3 paired to an iPhone 6 and find the notifications very useful, but Mrs J can’t be arsed with them – YMMV

jam-bo

Just got a garmin 235 that does all that and looks like a reasonably normal watch. I got mine on a deal from blacks for £160 but £200ish seems to be the going rate.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments, the garmin 235 is a nicer looking watch than the Vivoactive, will have a look!

Cheers, Steve

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Went with the Runner 230. Thought the HR belt would be more useful as I can put the watch on the outside of the jacket when it raining….

Cheers, Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘TomTom Runner 2 or Garmin Vivoactive Hr…..’ is closed to new replies.