Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tomorrow's Ride – Clothing Dilemma
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Riding (road) from Halifax to Southport tomorrow. It’s 60 miles with a few hills. The weather says it’s going to be pouring down all the way, with a 20mph headwind. However, it’s also going to be warm (17ish degrees).

I reckon I’ll boil in hardshell jacket, deep winter tights and overboots, but I reckon I’ll freeze in shorts, jersey and lightweight windproof/water resistant jacket.

What would you do?

🙂

beej

I did three hours today on the road in shorts, jersey and gilet, short finger gloves, thin socks. Temperature was 15-17C, and it was moderate rain for the first hour, drizzle, slight sun and windy for the rest.

I think shorts, jersey and lightweight windproof will be fine.

nickc

vest, warmish spring jersey and gillet and waterproof in pocket, probably arm warmers. then either 3/4 shorts or knee warmers. either a warm pair of socks or overshoes. (probs the latter if I’m honest)

nick1962
    Free Member

Get train to Southport and ride back!

aP
    Free Member

Vest, medium weight jersey, lightweight arm warmers, waterproof jacket, bib shorts, water resistant leg warmers, lightweight overshoes, full finger gloves (and a spare pair).

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

OK. 3/4 bibs, jersey and lightweight jacket it is!

lunge

Base layer, short sleeve jersey, gillet, arm warmers.
    Normal shorts, maybe knee warmers but probably not.
    Normal shoes and socks with overshoes.
    Clear glasses.

Your 2 key items in this weather are a gillet and arm warmers.

tinribz
    Free Member

The weather says it’s going to be pouring down all the way, with a 20mph headwind

Same was forecast today. Sunny, slight breeze was the result. Was glad of the shorts regretted the base layer.

rOcKeTdOg

Gilet & sportful/castelli nano arm warmers FTW

fifeandy
    Free Member

Gabba (or equivalent) + nanoflex arm warmers.

rOcKeTdOg

Gabba would be waaay too warm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tomorrow's Ride – Clothing Dilemma’ is closed to new replies.