Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • Tomorrow's GT7 course
  • joshvegas
    Free Member

I ran tunnel of love. I actually passed someone trying to ride down 😀

franksinatra

Cardiac Hill lived up to its name yesterday.

shocking stuff

mr_stru

Unexpected fact- the left hand line at the corner is way easier than the wider line

*Now* you tell us? 😉

mc
    Free Member

If there was ever a good place to drop down with a heart attack, yesterday’s rider found it!

The following riders happened to be well trained to deal with such an incident, and mountain rescue were there within minutes equipped with a defibrillator.

Northwind

Really an amazing response that, riding around it was great to see how well it all worked, not to mention seeing the helicopter arrive (they don’t send a helicopter for dead people so it was a big noisy announcement of good news) Top marks to everyone. Inc our own Hels, Empress of Marshalldonia, and I know the nearest marshall is on here too- awesome stuff.

Meanwhile, at the more stressful end of organising…

“What are all these things?”
    “Numbers, Neil.”
    “Ah I’ve heard of those. But what do they mean?”

mr_stru – Member

*Now* you tell us?

I only found out because there were about 10 people having a lie down in the right hand line on my first lap 😆

Clover

Had a cold all week so it was six and a half hours of agony to keep pushing against complaining lungs. Held onto
    my podium spot though. Saw the helicopter as a reminder not to do anything stupid. Well done to everyone concerned. Bike races seem to be reassuringly well populated with people with life saving skills.

BTW: Carbon hard tail 100 mm travel and a dropper. Nobby Nick on the front and a slithery Slant six on the back. Dabbed a bit on the tunnel of love – but otherwise spot on. Something a bit bouncier might have been faster on the descents but lugging it back up to the top seven times didn’t appeal.

Fab race, great course and cheery marshals. Back next year to get that extra lap in.

Northwind

Top marks for the podium! Seemed to be a lot of people going for it this year… I don’t see Raddogair post here much any more but I think he took the overall top step?

Clover

Not on the ladies of a certain age podium!

grey

Yes I was marshalling at the incident, it was a relief to get there to find I had a couple of medical professionals there.
    Big phew on my part.
    It allowed me to coordinate the first responders on the radio so bike patrol was on scene in about two minutes and the awesome team from Tweed Valley Mountain Rescue was there in under 4 minutes.
    The last news of the rider last night was that he was stable and recovering in hospital.
    Thanks to all the riders for following instructions and taking the diversion.
    The Bike Valley folk did good 😀 .

br
    Free Member

For anyone who struggled with the ‘tunnel’, go have a day with either Ridelines or Dirt School.

Then you’ll see it as an opportunity to make up time.

radoggair
    Free Member

tunnel of love wasnt that bad, just lay of the front brake and your fine. Course was good, grippy and fast. Northwind – your right, top step for the 3rd time, 11 laps and only 21 minutes behind overall trio winners. Apart from lap 5 felt pretty steady all day

Clover

11 laps is immense!

Northwind

I could do 11 laps no bother. As long as I’m allowed to include 2 years’ worth of race.

richmtb

Any photos of the race up yet?

hels
    Free Member

Hi grey – I never know peoples stw logons vs their real names ! (except Northwind)

For the record and stw-ers, you did a fantastic job – all the marshals did, and bike patrol and the TVMRT, Tweedlove event staff, and everybody else involved.

The Bike Valley folk did good indeed !

franksinatra

If it is any help Hels, I only made the connection between STW you and real you today, despite meeting you many times at events!

hels
    Free Member

And yet I still don’t know who you are…. this is worse than tindr…

fifeandy
    Free Member

Some photos up here – no search by number though 🙁
    https://peterjsmith.smugmug.com/Biking/2016/Glentress-7/

joshvegas
    Free Member

Hels you robably had to put up with me complaining more than once! Which one were you?

somouk
    Free Member

Anyone got any strava maps of the route knocking about?

Was meant to be there this year but the brothers dodgy back stopped us entering, might go solo next year!

fifeandy
    Free Member
    dazh

First time for me. Great event, with some proper challenging descents compared to most endurance races. Things were going quite well about 3.5 hours in on lap 5 when I turned the corner and saw the poor bloke on the ground having CPR done on him. Horrible sight. Just couldn’t really be bothered after that and pootled round second half. Glad he’s ok. Amazing that you can have a heart attack halfway up a mountain miles from a hospital and still survive.

hels
    Free Member

joshvegas – head marshal in marshal control, briefing marshals, drinking coffee, phoning for helicopters etc so didn’t really get to see people so much. I had a wander about when I could !

joshvegas
    Free Member

Whos seen the photo of my team mate going down the bombhole sans bike?

Hels doesn’t sound much fun thanks!

Northwind

On that subject, don’t suppose anyone got any shots of me? I’ve trawled Peterjsmith’s photos, just going through Ann Halls… I’m that rare oddball that actually buys photos 😆 Rider 29, glowing yellow bike, can’t have been that hard to spot…

JamesD
    Free Member

“Ann Halls photos”…. Link?

Thanks.

Northwind

https://annhallphotos.smugmug.com/Tweedlove-Glentress-7-28052016/

It’s smugmug and atm you can only order prints, from the USA but I think she’s working on it.

BRAAAAAAPPPP

(ps, don’t hate me photographers, I’m just waiting for the order process to be fixed so I can buy it, I’m not just scamming the watermarked one…)

mr_stru

Northwind: If it was the, er, highly visible yellow fat bike then yes, it is not hard to spot. I was mostly impressed that the rim tape was even vaguely colour matched to the frame.

Northwind

20p worth of yellow electric tape 😆

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Any photos or videos of the Love Tunnel? It’s fun hearing everyone talk about it, but I want to see what it looks like!

lucky7500

Northwind – seeing that photo I’ve just realised that I spoke to you after the race!

grey

I only really met Northwind at the International, I know who to avoid now :lol:.
    I knew who you were Hels

myopic
    Free Member

“Northwind – Member

On that subject, don’t suppose anyone got any shots of me? I’ve trawled Peterjsmith’s photos, just going through Ann Halls… I’m that rare oddball that actually buys photos Rider 29, glowing yellow bike, can’t have been that hard to spot…”

Check out article on front page!

Northwind

Ah cheers mate. I look like a fanny 😆

joshvegas
    Free Member

Sigh

Restin’

Northwind

Ah I saw that pic when I was going through them, I’d kill for a shot like that!

joshvegas
    Free Member
    tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I’ve had something of a running joke with Ian Linton that despite him being at every race I’ve done for the last decade he never gets a decent photo of me, so pretty chuffed with this one from Saturday.

lucky7500

The only one I’ve found looks like I’m about to collapse! I only hope it was taken near the end!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Tomorrow's GT7 course’ is closed to new replies.