Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Tomorrow's GT7 course
  • ojom
    Free Member

Hey.

Does anyone know if the course tomorrow will include Brokeback as rumoured or not.

br
    Free Member

‘Brokeback’?

Goes off to Strava to find it.

Northwind

It’d make sense, the trailfairies have been doing some work on uphill gardener to fix the holes between the roots, and they link together.

br
    Free Member

Nope, can’t find it – where is it?

bigjim

it’s next to shatner’s bassoon

bigjim

does this mean they’re sending people down Barrymore’s passage on little xc bikes? 😯

Northwind

b r, I think it’s listed as an enduraloo stage on strava

br
    Free Member

None the wiser, not coming up on my Strava rides nor in ‘Explore’ – will find out tomorrow 🙂

myopic
    Free Member

Can’t find Brokeback, Shatner’s Bassoon, Barrymore’s Passage, Uphill Gardener anywhwere in GT. Might know them, but I don’t know the names! there’s loads of Enduraloo stages listed but none with these names.

Wondering now if I should stick with flats or change to SPDs as I was planning to do later tonight….

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Can’t find Brokeback, Shatner’s Bassoon, Barrymore’s Passage, Uphill Gardener anywhwere in GT. Might know them, but I don’t know the names! there’s loads of Enduraloo stages listed but none with these names.

Something makes me think this whole thread is a wind up 😐

Northwind

Well the bike is ready, I was mulling this over and decided on a 4.0 jumbo jim on the back for speed up fictional climbs, and a 4.8 on the front for better traction over imaginary roots.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Christ i hope I’m fitter than i actually am…

fergal
    Free Member

Shatner’s bassoon is awesomes, like a steeper Prospacker!

Northwind

joshvegas – Member

Christ i hope I’m fitter than i actually am…

Dude, get a fatbike, the key to success in modern day life is setting low expectations… if I manage 5 laps I’m calling it a win

joshvegas
    Free Member

Singlespeed 😉

athgray
    Free Member

Good luck everyone. I did it a few years ago and managed 5 laps. Put me near the bottom, but was pleased to get the fifth lap in.

joshvegas
    Free Member

So bounced my fork a couple of times and pumped the tyres and found one glove.

I think thats me ready.

#mjreadynotready

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Woken up with a head cold, perfect prep.

joshvegas
    Free Member

*sets tenecious_doug on radar*

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Nerf snipers going deep into Barrymore’s passage to put Northwind out of his misery on lap 4.

joshvegas
    Free Member

For sale.

Singlespeed only crashed three times.

Northwind

Do believe I am third in the fatbike cat that doesn’t exist 😆 What a great day.

joshvegas, was that you on the shiny silver (ti?) rigid with the carbon forks?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Na i was on a skinny charge duster with rebas.

Mincing like you woukdn’t believe.

You probably passed me.

Which fatty was yours?

Northwind

The yellow as **** one

(I chased the icycles fatbike chap all the way down the final descent, blissfully unaware that he was on a full suss salsa 😆 Quite a lot of near death experiences rattling through the roots going “well if he can do it then I can do it” :mrgreen:)

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yeah that thing was a monster.

I decled it trying to take my dibber of my left wrist while cycling. Right infront of everyone.

I’ve decided i’m bloody aweful at mountainbiking

myopic
    Free Member

I’m wrecked now.

br
    Free Member

Bloody good fun and bloody good weather.

But burger van, sort yourself out – organic apparently, but they brought no cheese nor onions so it was a fiver for a dry bun and an odd looking/tasting burger.

Northwind

joshvegas – Member

I decled it trying to take my dibber of my left wrist while cycling. Right infront of everyone.

I’ve decided i’m bloody aweful at mountainbiking

If it’s any consolation, you know how the transition area splits into two, a solo lane and a team lane? I rode right into the fence in the middle :mrgreen:

joshvegas
    Free Member

Good job!

fifeandy
    Free Member

I imagine a fat bike was actually really good down walkers path, probably gobbled up all the little roots and kept momentum going really well.

So glad the weather treated us nicely, that course would be utter carnage in the wet.

Suspect moving anything from the shoulders down is going to be beyond my abilities tomorrow.

richmtb

It was a cracking day, unbroken sunshine from about midday onwards.

My fav event each year

Just need to get fitter.

4th lap nearly killed me

Northwind

I always say the same, I did 10UTB a long time ago and hated it, just called it a total waste of a weekend, swore off this sort of thing. But we got free entry for hte first Seven because we build parts of the course, so I thought why not… Done every one since. It’s totally not the sort of thing I normally enjoy but it is so very good.

fifeandy – Member

I imagine a fat bike was actually really good down walkers path, probably gobbled up all the little roots and kept momentum going really well.

Not so much 😆 It does soak up blows but it also gets really out of shape and bouncy quickly when things get fast. It was pretty good on the traverse but once it turned to the descent it was hard work, after the first couple of laps I just couldn’t keep that up, I was getting my arse kicked…

I did it on a 29er scandal last year, a ragley ti the year before, and they were both better at absolutely everything bar the Love Tunnel. (*) OTOH neither was as much fun or got as much chat, so it’s still a win.

(* I felt a right **** passing people down that when they were struggling, but tbh it was easier for me to motor it. But it’s wide enough for two even when one of the bikes is going down it at right angles)

Northwind

Also, £10 sports massage = the winningest of wins. I’m still ****ed mind.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I bottled the love tunnel everytime

Northwind

Last year when my dropper post broke on the scandal, it gave me the absolute shits. The combo of skinny tyres and arse in the air just isn’t for me, I’m too #enduro. It’s a pretty nasty feature considering the rest of the course tbh, especially with the wee corner at the bottom.

mr_stru

There were people flying down that love tunnel bit and it just amazes me. I have phasers set to full mince because it just seems so sketchy.

Still, great event as ever.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Yeah, i can mince my way down as far as the corner, but then have to walk the last bit. Properly hairy on narrow XC tyres with saddle thumping you in the ribs as you hang off the back.

Saw a couple of guys rip down it on their enduro sleds, got to admit i was impressed. Screw pedalling one up there in the first place lap after lap though!

Northwind

Unexpected fact- the left hand line at the corner is way easier than the wider line that looks like the simple one. It’s steeper but it’s basically a simple radius, in and out, no rock in the middle or change of turning speed or anything.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Cracking day and course as ever. Perfect mix of trails, we managed to mix it up in the top 5 of pairs for the first 3 laps as could do enough on the downs to compensate for our relative lack of climbing ability, but faded to 11th by the end. There was 10 seconds to be made on love tunnel alone by hanging off the brakes.

Following was a great choice, stuck some faster tyres on, dropped the bars a touch, it was very very quick and still a blast on the downs.

jordie
    Free Member

I looks harder to walk down the tunnel than to ride it, I thought it was the best its been for ages not to slippy. Even the grass up and down was not to bad yesterday thanks to the sheep for mowing the grass.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Tomorrow's GT7 course’ is closed to new replies.