Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tomorrow’s Challenge – Public Transport
  • DickBarton

I’m needing to go from Stirling to Edinburgh – Edinburgh Royal in ‘Little France’ – which I believe is near Liberton.

Will have my 10 month daughter in a backpack with me – going to visit my old man in hospital after a small op…fancy going via public transport but have no idea where Liberton is or how to get to it from the railway station…

So can someone or some people let me know how to get there by public transport (ideally bus numbers and locations of get on and get off) – plan was to either get off at Edinburgh Park or Haymarket.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Loads of buses. http://www.lothianbuses.com/routemap.php

33 from haymarket every few mins or 48 and probably more

DickBarton

Cool thanks…thing is I’ve no idea where Liberton is (or if that is even correct) – so not sure what buses I’m looking for…I’m clearly too lazy to check Google Maps, but will do that once I’ve bathed the daughter!

Thanks for the info though…handy.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you follow that link you will find The royal infirmary marked on it in the south east.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Good luck on the public transport – rather you than me!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Edinburgh public transport is good. He will be able to get one of 2 buses from outside the station to the hospital with a frequency of every few minutes. Stirling / edinburgh train service is fine if a bit slow.

coffeeking
    Free Member

My god, I must get used to these Scottish/English differences now I live here. Where I’m from you’d be lucky to catch a train that wasnt delayed an hour, then not get a seat on a carriage full of people sneezing and coughing in your face while listening to their ipod at max volume.

Northwind

The bus service from the town centre to the infirmary is really good, bit of disruption to some services for the tram works but otherwise it’s dead easy.

donald
    Free Member

Take the train to Waverly rather than Haymarket. It’s nearer and you’ll cut out the tram-works. Catch the bus on The Bridges.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tomorrow’s Challenge – Public Transport’ is closed to new replies.