Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Tomorrow is my Sunday and I will be doing a fair few rounds of Carron Valley
  • mimi123
    Free Member

everyone else working ??? lol!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I have the day off and thankfully won't be wasting it at CV 😛

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Lol

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Where is Carron Valley? Any pics?

grumm
    Free Member

Scotchland, fairly near Stirling.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah. Probbly quite nice then eh?

Waderider
    Free Member

Road riding on rough tarmac is closer to decent mountain biking than doing the trails at Carron Valley on a mountain bike.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You mean it's not gnarly? Google image search shows it looks ok. Maybe not über-rad, but still fun.

Northwind

CV's not a total waste of time… The Runway's good fun if you like jumping, and the first XC loop- is that pipedream? is decent too. I liked the flat gravelly corners, you don't get many of those at trail centres. Only did Eas Dubh once, didn't seem like a good return on energy invested. But I'd do the rest again if I was in the area. Shame really, but a bigger shame to see it totally written off.

epicsteve
    Free Member

CV isn't that bad – it's just very short so difficult to justify the drive if you're not local. There seems to be too much climbing for the relatively short singletrack descending as well, however the Runway is fun and a bit different.

I took a couple of vids there with my GoPro:
    The Runway

Top section

pixelmix
    Free Member

I am off today, but decided not to bother riding, as I went out on my singlespeed last night instead and the weather looks a bit rough.

I similarly had some midweek riding at Carron Valley on my own a few months ago. Took the rigid singlespeed down and did two fulls laps, plus a further stint round the final jumps section. They may not be the most technically challenging trails in the world, but it was still fun on the rigid singlespeed. The last section is good for practising your jumping technique too, as you get a good line of doubles and tabletops to build up your confidence on.

Stuff the naysayers – have a good day!

grumm
    Free Member

Road riding on rough tarmac is closer to decent mountain biking than doing the trails at Carron Valley on a mountain bike.

😆

Depends what you're into but I quite like CV – it's very short but quite fun.

dmiller
    Free Member

I live about 5 miles away from CV – the weather is pretty rubbish here today, hope you brought waterproofs! 🙂

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>You mean it's not gnarly<

No it's not but like anything else it becomes gnarly enough if you push your limits. One of the reasons the Runway is graded Orange…

>Road riding on rough tarmac is closer to decent mountain biking<

A rather harsh / one sided take on things

Waderider
    Free Member

My opinion is fueled by annoyance at how the FC have managed the trails more than anything else. It's my closest trail centre and I no longer visit.

Mind you, I hold the opinion that trail centres are crap in general. But don't worry, I don't mind (or care) if you think different 🙂

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Not really sure what your point is tbh?

The FC made a complete klusterfcuk of managing the project but have since spent money resurfacing the Runway. The results seems to have been met with general approval and despite the poor hand the areas been dealt the place still helps get lots of folk into mtb. But then you must know all that if you went there regularly 😉

0pt1cal
    Free Member

If we are honest the road up from Denny is more technical and challenging that the actual trail at CV. The runway at CV has been sanitized too far in my opinion….poor flow and features in the wrong place…plus the jumps have been flattened from what they were.

It's probably Orange for the reason described above…if you push it is bloody fast….but then so is the road back down so maybe they should grade that Orange. 🙂

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Err no, if we are honest you are comparing apples and pears.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Tomorrow is my Sunday and I will be doing a fair few rounds of Carron Valley’ is closed to new replies.