• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Spud.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Tomorrow I'm starting LEJOG!!
  • Spud

I may have put the odd post up over the past 8 months about doing LEJOG, well we travel down tomorrow for what promises to be a rather warm nine days riding north. The three of us are self-funding the whole thing and every penny of sponsorship is for our chosen charities. Luckily we have a support driver too, which will help no end with keeping us topped-up with essentials.

Anyway, thanks to those who have offered tips and advice. I’m raising money for the acute stroke unit at Nottm City Hospital after a close family and lifelong cyclist had a major stroke last year, not sure what the deal is with posting links to charity fundraising pages, but happy to if folks would like it.

Cheers

Greg

PiknMix
    Free Member

Best of luck Greg, enjoy it as much as you can and slap on that arse butter 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Good luck! Gunna be a hot one 🙂

singlecrack
    Free Member

Good luck Greg ……you’ve picked a good time to do it …….remember sun screan as well as arse butter

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

Best of luck!

And get your route posted up 🙂

Spud

Cheers All! It’s the standard Cicerone guide route, just over 9 days rather than 14:

Day 1 (20th July): Land’s End – Plymouth (92 miles)

Day 2 (21st July): Plymouth – Chew Valley (121 Miles)

Day 3 – (22nd July): Chew Valley – Hope (112 Miles)

Day 4 (23rd July): Hope to Slaidburn (127 Miles)

Day 5 (24th July): Slaidburn to Longtown (107 Miles)

Day 6 (25th July): Longtown to Loch Lomond (120 Miles)

Day 7 (26th July): Loch Lomond to Invergarry/ Fort Augustus (110 Miles)

Day 8 (27th July): Invergarry to Lairg (93 Miles)

Day 9 (28th July): Lairg to John O’Groats (97 Miles)

One of the guys will be using his Garmin for live tracking too, will be on Twitter: @Lejog2013. I’ll post up updates too: @gregoryjh

justatheory
    Free Member

All the best buddy

Riofer
    Free Member

Good luck, something I have ambitions to do in the future. Let us know how you all get on 🙂

Toasty

Hideously envious, sounds like a top adventure 🙂 Have fun.

Edric64
    Free Member

Chew valley is near me .Where are you staying?

tonyd

Good luck!

jekkyl

Nice one spud, go to it.

PrinceJohn

Good luck – hope your route is avoiding the A30?

takisawa2

Good luck to all three of you. 🙂

Chew Valley to Hope…121 miles…?
    Closer to 200 miles surely ? 😯

Spud

We’re diverting a little to Cheddar YHA Edric. En route south and a tad warm in the van!!

Spud

Well all went well, and we rolled into JOG around 16:00 on Sunday. Some rain (well a lot at times), some aches, a lot of laughs! Thoroughly enjoyed it and would do it again in a heartbeat. I’m amazed how I managed the mileage over the 9 days, longest day was 125 and shortest 82. Wonderful experience.

strackbaz
    Free Member

Well done mate, I finished a few weeks back. It’s an amazing experience. We never got one drop of rain in the 14 days, and I was carrying waterproofs and overshoes 🙄

Spud

We did have support which was great, no rain until Scotland but when it came it came hard, still didn’t wipe the smiles off my face though!I’m still counting up the worn out kit.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Tomorrow I'm starting LEJOG!!’ is closed to new replies.