Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Tommy Ramone RIP
  • Pigface
    Free Member

It looks like all the original Brudders have now left us, this makes feel that time is passing by way to fast.

Gabba Gabba Hey

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Darn. 😥

jamj1974

Gabba Gabba Hey

indeed! RIP.

scoob67
    Free Member

Sad news indeed. Absolutely loved the Ramones. Walked my daughter down the aisle to ‘Baby I Love You’, her choice, not mine btw.
    RIP Tommy

martinh
    Free Member

Sad that they’re all gone now. Great band during my formative years

On the plus side they won’t be doing any reunion concerts. Would have hated to see 60 something Ramones trying to rock it out.

kayak23

Agree. Sad time but glad we won’t have another reunion desecration.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=imf25Squ8ro[/video]

BillMC

Visceral music, brilliant!

mrmoofo

Sadly, they all died young …

But I guess they lived life to the full whilst they were around

gogg
    Free Member

I f***ing hate cancer!!

Philby

Have great memories of seeing them at Leeds University Union way back at the end of the 70s – took days for my hearing to get back to normal.

RIP Tommy 🙁

vorlich
    Free Member

Saw them live at the Barras when I was 15 in the early nineties (not sure which iteration they were on then), I could never listen to the albums after that.

I always thought the production was completely wrong on them. No energy and not raw enough. Brilliant live though.

Was once given a mouthful by some ageing punk in Stirling for daring to wear a Ramones t-shirt as I was ‘too young’.

martinh
    Free Member

I was at the same concert philby – leeds uni, jan 26th my birthday. I then went back to my university in Lancaster and watched them again!

Still remember seeing them in all their raw glory at Leeds poly in 1977 supported by label mates Talking Heads

kayak23

Was once given a mouthful by some ageing punk in Stirling for daring to wear a Ramones t-shirt as I was ‘too young’.

I think they must sell them in fashion shops now. I’ve commented on a couple of sub-twenty year olds wearing them who hadn’t a clue they were a band…

mattsccm
    Free Member

Bugger. Saw them in Bristol. Loud enough to move my pint on the table.
    My music tastes haven’t moved on since Blitzkrieg Bop. Well apart from the Rezillos and the Macc lads 😆
    Marky is still banging them out and is pretty good.

spursn17
    Free Member

mattsccm, impeccable taste in music mate.

I never saw the Ramones (saw nearly everyone else in that period though) which is something that I’ll always regret. It’s so sad when people you revere start to die, I actually shed a tear when Poly Styrene died, and I’m usually a right callous b’stard! I recently saw the Rezillos and they were still great, not as good as they were, but good enough. I must get to see the Buzzcocks before Shelly pegs it.

God I’m old (but in my mind I’m still eighteen and against everything!) 🙂

PS; are the Macc Lads still playing?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I was at that Leeds Uni gig as well! Shit news, there’ll never be another band like them. Hey Ho, let’s go…

dunsapie
    Free Member

Great band indeed, RIP Tommy. Even more poignant as my Mum has the same type of cancer 🙁

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Tommy Ramone RIP’ is closed to new replies.