Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Tomas Hesperus fat bike at Planet X
  • coomber
    Free Member

£2999.99

Wowsers:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBTOHESX01/tomac-hesperus-sram-x01-fat-bike

No desire to buy a fat bike but that looks nice

scotroutes

Wait for a week or so and it’ll be down to £2,399 or less.

Here’s the competition
    https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/mtb/dude/dude-cf-9-0-unlimited.html

coomber
    Free Member

Not going to buy a fat bike so nothing to hold on for.. but they are looking better these days. That’s nice too (and slidy dropouts is a bonus)

Northwind

Do like. Description doesn’t match picture, mind. and the blue bit on the forks is kind of glaringly wrong.

The Dude’s gorgeous in the, er, carbon. Properly comically massive and chunky, love it. This looks a little less cartoony, which is probably “nicer” but not as cool imo. Some very nice fatbikes out there now but the new crop are sometimes a wee bit identikit.

cookeaa

Can’t see why it would command such a high price really. Some posh bits yeah but all hung from a relatively cheap frameset, I assume all PX “group” brand frames still come from the Far East…

Meh…

warpcow
    Free Member

I think it’s kind if ugly, but that’s mainly the graphics.

superstu
    Free Member

Tomac looks nice, canyon also. Never thought I’d say that of a fat bike.

Do feel the on one is overpriced at £3k!

scotroutes

If they don’t start at that price, how can they later offer it at 50% off and make folk think it’s a bargain? (see Carpetright, DFS etc etc etc)

molgrips
    Free Member

This is the one I’m getting.. someday…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

They both look like barges , fine if you want to roll over babys heads.

akira

Considering the Tomac has nearly two grands worth of wheelset it’s not that bad price wise.

molgrips
    Free Member

They both look like barges , fine if you want to roll over babys heads

Lots of rocks that size round my way.

scotroutes

I’m pretty sure Steven means that literally….

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I love my own kids but as for all the rest.

hora
    Free Member

That PX bike would appeal to school-age boys. Its abit ‘G.I Joe’.

onandon
    Free Member

I hope this isn’t the rumoured on one carbon fatty. I’ve been waiting for this and planning on buying a frame / form only.

munkyboy
    Free Member

I assume PX now own the tomac brand? Hideous ‘merican branding if so. Looks like something from the A team.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I assume PX now own the tomac brand?

yes. Less DFS, more Sports Direct (buying up heritage brand names and using them to punt out cheap kit). Why anyone would pay premium prices for bikes sold by someone with that business model is genuinely beyond me.

That Canyon is nice, though.

vinnyeh

I’m curious about bikes like these that (use what I would think of as a niche frame within a niche) – how many frames would P-X order for something like the Tomac? Is this a catalogue frame?
    Would they pre-allocate a full build kit to each frame, or only have the kit for a few frames, then downgrade the spec for subsequent orders?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Considering the Tomac has nearly two grands worth of wheelset it’s not that bad price wise.

yer the money is in the wheels, well not the tyres,

Tune Hubs, HED Carbon Rims – obviously picked up a job lot of them cheap somewhere,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Tomas Hesperus fat bike at Planet X’ is closed to new replies.