Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • toilet legality…
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

so, in a library with a capacity of about a thousand, how many (sit down) toilets should they have for men?

i've just been trecking up and down all 3 floors for 10 minutes, whilst touching cloth, tying to find an empty cubicle.. there are only 3 available…

😡

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Go and find a building regs book…. 😆

iDave
    Free Member

how many did you need?
    did you have to queue for long?
    capacity of 1000, or there were 1000 men in there?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

Our local library has none, 3 would be such luxury I can only dream of.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Disabled wheelchair access toilet everytime. Clean, arm rests, back cushion, room service, and enough space that you don't wipe the bog with the back of your legs as you turn to leave.

Burls72
    Free Member

Go and find a building regs book….

To find the answer or to take a dump in? 😆

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

There must be loads of quiet corners in a large library…

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

there are 3 sit down toilets for men in the whole building… in busy times, such as revision etc, at around 10am when the coffee has kicked in, they're an absolute nightmare. i must have hit the post lunch rush…

i had to wait for at least 10 mins, it was a close call… i couldn't even wee, just in case it all went wrong.

iDave – i reckon 6 at least… there are 6 urinals.

bruneep, its not a council run library… this is an academic institution!

disabled one may be an option, but its right next to the computers, and so a little obvious…

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

TW – unfortunatly not, it runs on a grid system, and so there are few hidden corners 🙁

but in all seriousness, are there regs on miniumum numbers of toilets?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    Disabled wheelchair access toilet everytime. Clean, arm rests, back cushion, room service, and enough space that you don't wipe the bog with the back of your legs as you turn to leave.

Not to mention plenty of handy grab handles in case you've got a squeezer in the departure lounge.

cynic-al
    Free Member

There may well be regs but I guess thy may post-date the building.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

guessing the building to be 60s or 70s? looks ghastly anyway…

ell_tell
    Free Member

Pretty sure provision of toilets in public buildings will be covered by some sort of regs but would depend on the type and use of the building, i.e. whether its an office/restaurant etc. Not all the public libraries where I live have toilets for the use of customers.

jon1973
    Free Member

Go and find a building regs book….

Yes, plenty of high quality toilet paper available in a library.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

its a university library. any idea where i'd find the relevant building regs?

falkirk-mark

The architecture section maybe

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

we don't have architecture here. its a relatively small uni…

i'll have a gander online perhaps…
    just thought someone in the know, might know…

Harry_the_Spider

IIRC the answer is 1 per 500… but I could be wrong. 😀

HTH

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

1 per 500?! thats crazy.

seems like we have about 1.5 times the permissable minimum number then…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I can't believe no one has said: "Frikkin whinging students!"

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

so, the average man spends 7 mins in the loo pooing, per day (iirc, can't remember the reference). assuming that one is awake for 16 hours per day (8 hours sleep), that means there is time (on average) for 137 poos.
    as the library is open for 16 hours also, that means that a total number of poos (on average) per day, available in the library is 411 (across all 3 toilets).
    if you factor in the toilet rushes (coffee breaks, lunch, dinner etc), then its easy to see why the toilets get clogged (pun intended).

hmm, i think its unreasonable.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

my parents house has as many toilets as the library, and yet does not have the capacity for 100 people… i think we have a right to whinge!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

How about looking for books on constipation?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i would, but i've got an essay deadline due 🙁

jcromton
    Free Member

It's just so hard guys, being a student and all the work we have to do. Why can't we poo when we want.

Sometimes I dream of escaping to the rat-race, wear a suit and work in an office where the number of shitters is greater than 3.

Life's just so tough as a student. Why won't you understand?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Maybe then, if all the mens ones are full, pretend you are at a rugby club when any sensible man scuttles into the girls bogs for there pre match poo (cleaner, no piss on the seats, always plenty of paper, warmer floors etc). No ones going to say anything are they.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

small town, everyone knows everyone. there'd be a town-wide outcry if i got caught short in the ladies…

cynic-al
    Free Member

hungry monkey – Member
    my parents house has as many toilets as the library, and yet does not have the capacity for 100 people… i think we have a right to whinge!

Oh teh ironing!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

😉

Drac

I do hope your essay is not statistics.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

fortunately not…

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

hmm, well a little research suggests that the average person spends around 3 years of their life on the loo (source)

which, with my basic maths, suggests that one out of every 27 minutes is spent on the loo (assuming 80 year life).
    a quick rounding up to a day (16 hours awake) suggests that the average person is on the loo for around 34 minutes.

now, i don't believe that, but it suggests that 7 mins for a poo isn't that unreasonable.

uplink
    Free Member

small town, everyone knows everyone. there'd be a town-wide outcry if i got caught short in the ladies.

disabled one may be an option, but its right next to the computers, and so a little obvious…

you seem to be more bothered about what others may think of you

Just go in either FFS – if it bothers you that much, limp &/or wear a wig

jon1973
    Free Member

Where does it say that disabled toilets are exclusively for disabled people? They're just designed to cater for the needs of disabled people.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

reputation is everything uplink…

anyways, i don't really want to get on the sex offenders register after being 'found' in the ladies, just for the sake of a shit…

landrylapwing
    Free Member

what exactly do you want to be put on the register for? Freshers week is surely a long way off yet…

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

unfortunately i won't be around for any more freshers weeks… 🙁

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘toilet legality…’ is closed to new replies.