Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Toilet chemistry
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Agitated means being overall upset and riled up, put out is merely having a slightly negative emotion on a particular subject.

rocketman
    Free Member

I just cleaned the toilet

what are you doing cleaning the toilet?

molgrips
    Free Member

I explain in the thread 🙂

deus

What bleach to clean Molgrips and Ernie_lynch once all the mud slinging has finished?

molgrips
    Free Member

How about one of those flashy things from Men in Black.

You did not waste time arguing with ernie *BLAM*

deus

ah, if i had a £1 for every time i needed one of those things then i’d be a reasonably rich person.

…You did not see any new bike components, they have been on the bike for a long time, i have also had the bike for quite a while too #BLAM#

rocketman
    Free Member

I explain in the thread

sorry tl:dr 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

deus – you might well treat it all as some kind of joke, with your facetious comment asking ‘what bleach for the mudslinging’, but some people take the issue of toilet pans bedevilled with nooks and crannies and lateral crevices just below the water line profoundly seriously…….ask Molgrips. It’s no laughing matter you know 😐

loum
    Free Member

With deposits a centimetre thick, you should probably have contacted Tony Robinson to get Timeteam to check for fossils . They’d be very interested and usually leave the U-bend sparkling after their little digs. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Actually ernie I might need your help. Maybe you can get your head down there and have a look, I promise I won’t flush.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No you’ve blown it with me mate……..sort your own problems out from now on.

theotherjonv

Just back to this. Powerplus is not bleach. I haven’t checked but I think it’s probably formic acid, if it was 10% HCl it would be covered all over with corrosive stickers.

And don’t put acid and bleach down the same toilet at the same time. As DRSWANK said, you’ll probably be OK. Just like handling electrickery with wet hands you’ll also probably be OK. But on a ‘just supposing I’m not, what’s the worst that can happen’ scale it’s not a risk I’d take.

peterfile
    Free Member

Oh for crying out loud. Does no-one know how to clean a toilet?!

Right – if it’s yellow let it mellow might be good for the planet – but it’s bad for the bowl. The yellow stains are your wee staining the lime scale.

PowerPlus won’t help – it’s just bleach. It is the biggest rip off ever – cheap supermarket thick bleach is as good.

Anyway – to clean your throne use Parazone Limescale Remover. Put LOTS of it in every day (and I’m talking third to half a bottle at a time). Make sure it’s spread under the rim and all the way around and don’t flush for as long as possible afterwards.

If you’re brave add bleach. It does make chlorine gas but unless you sit with your head down the pan you won’t die (probably).

Let the parazone do it’s stuff. If it’s turning out hard to shift don the rubber gloves and use a scouring pad to loosen the limescale. You need to get rid of all of it (as far round the bend as you can reach) as it’s harder for it to come back if there’s nothing to grow on or near).

Then just clean the bog more often.

I live alone (some may not be surprised). I clean my bogs at least twice a week with Parazone and then bleach them in between. I never have limescale or yellow stains.

Now go and get on with it. Dirty loos are just wrong!

Wow. Just wow.

What exactly are you putting in there which warrants a more sterile environment than Intel’s lab?

Do you work?

I couldn’t afford to get the cleaner in twice a week anyway, so I’m doooooooommmmmmeeeeddddd.

🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Toilet chemistry’ is closed to new replies.