Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Toilet and cistern installation – am I missing something obvious? (V&B)
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

There’s no way I can get this

to look like this, is there?

Already had wrong model pan and cistern delivered once and then swapped. These appear to be the right bits according to the model numbers but they don’t actually appear to go together! Just checking I’m not going mad or missing something obvious.

Jossie

Is the cistern facing the wrong way?

ebygomm
    Free Member

No, the rear side is grooved so no mistaking which way round it should go. I agree that looking where it meets the pan it does look like that though!

slackalice
    Free Member

You’ll be needing that big doughnut seal between them.

Other than that, I’m sorry to say I can’t be of more help. The designers have gone nuts with bathroom ware and the now multitude of standards, fittings, clamps, seals, fill valves, float valves, siphons and buttons. Good luck.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Unfortunately the big donut seal doesn’t make the rest of it line up any better 🙁

Mole
    Free Member

Done plenty of these and unfortunately some line up better than others but V&B are normally ok. Have you tried it up against the wall with the doughnut washer on? Are you gonna see it side on or just from the front?

ebygomm
    Free Member

It’s actually worse than that in reality, as I’ve taken the bolts out just to see if it would line up any better. With the bolts in it sits even further forward compared to pan, leading to a much larger gap to wall behind.

It doesn’t look terrible when viewed front on tbh, but I think it will annoy me for ever more!

Do you know if the pans have a model number stamped in them anywhere, the cistern is definitely what we thought we were getting but given the palaver we’ve had it would be good to double check the pan is correct (although going by all the dimensions it does look to be correct)

Mole
    Free Member

Also..not sure if you’ve sorted your pan connector out yet but McAlpine WC-F21S come in very handy when fitting back to wall pans like yours.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Is that the same as this?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-flexible-wc-pan-connector-150-340mm/45410

which is what we are planning on getting.

We have a temp solution at the moment but involves propping the toilet up on some ply as soil pipe is a fraction too high. Although we’ve unplumbed again now until we go back to suppliers and see what they say…

Mole
    Free Member

Yeah it’s very annoying-even more so when you can view side on. I’d swap it or get the rep out if its really not looking good. Where did you buy it from?

totalshell

the cistern and pan are not the same model..

totalshell

Mole
    Free Member

Not the same thing..like that but has a large jubilee clip which you clamp on the pan first. Can use that one above but trust me the other makes it so much easier.

ebygomm
    Free Member

We’ve got it from a local place, will be getting in touch tomorrow.

That was my thought too, but as far as I can ascertain these two items should go together

ebygomm
    Free Member

Not the same thing..like that but has a large jubilee clip which you clamp on the pan first. Can use that one above but trust me the other makes it so much easier.

Cheers will look it up

Stoner
    Free Member

wot totalshell says.

Looks like a screwup with model labelling. That cistern is not the right design for the close coupled pan it’s been sent with.

Looks like two similar models, but mixed up

http://www.villeroy-boch.co.uk/bw/m/O.novo-Washdown-WC-for-close-coupled-WC-suite-565810.html

http://www.villeroy-boch.co.uk/bw/m/O.novo-Washdown-WC-for-close-coupled-WC-suite,-rimless-Vita–4620R0.html

ebygomm
    Free Member

The cistern is #5788A1 according to the box although stamped inside as 578810 (the A1 refers to the bottom water inlet so presume this is the same) and the pan is #565810 (according to stickered label). The measurements for the pan certainly tie up with this model and not any other. So it *should* all fit together

timba
    Free Member

Return it if you’re not happy. It’ll be worse if you fit it and you’re not happy

ebygomm
    Free Member

Both parts being swapped, manufacturing issues.

Third toilet lucky

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Toilet and cistern installation – am I missing something obvious? (V&B)’ is closed to new replies.