Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Toddler teething – grinding!
  • Lazgoat
    Free Member

Our 14 month old has taken to sharpening his new fangled gnashers against each other. It’s probably the most horrific sound you can imagine. Any tips on how to discourage it? Will it ever end, when they drop out I presume but will he have the knack for it then and destroy his permanent ones?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

My daughter did the same a couple of months ago. It is a horrific sound.
    It only lasted a couple of weeks and then she stopped. I guess there was a tooth that was just at a very curious stage of popping through that needed playing with. This could be the case with yours too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My daughter is 9, she’s never stopped it, though it’s a squeeking noise rather than a grind.

BillOddie

My eldest does this too…I wouldn’t worry about it.

jemima
    Free Member

Our boy did this for a few days. Horrific squeaking noise and we assumed he was just destroying his new teeth. We tried not to react (so it didn’t become a ‘thing’) although that was hard and he stopped after a few days…

sandwicheater

Sounds like they may be possessed. Fire normally sorts these things out.

Tallpaul

At 7-8 months, when ours got his first pair of top and bottom teeth, he did this. Didn’t bother me but it drove Mrs TP nuts 😀

He’s stopped doing it (for now).

Lazgoat
    Free Member

He’s been doing it for a few months now, I’ve noticed a few tiny chips on his front two and I’m sure they’re rounded because of it. He’s started on his canines now and will do it for up to an hour at a time!
    Trying not to react so he doesn’t play to it, but good lord it’s a horrendous sound.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Toddler teething – grinding!’ is closed to new replies.