• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Toddler personalised birthday invites – recommended places to use?
  • hora
    Free Member

For a 3yr old’s birthday- something like Thomas the Tank Engine with my sons photo inside etc. Nothing ‘too’ fancy but enough that the other 2 & 3 yr olds get excited/recognise him etc.

On google there are LOADS. Don’t know where to start.

adi66
    Free Member

try my mates company:

Ella Announcements

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Provably something through Flickr and snapfish etc

patriotpro
    Free Member

Buy an art and crafts set and get yer nipper to make em.

binners

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Buy an art and crafts set and get yer nipper to make em.

What he said…

We’ve have some cards from those ‘personalised’ printing services like Funky Pig, Moon places mostly look tacky.

TooTall
    Free Member

What they said. Make stuff – it is then an activity for the child, which is way better than buying tat.

Photo inside is a bit OTT for an invite – unless you are a Competitive Boden Parent, in which case bang on the money.

binners

Nothing says you really care, quite like an impersonal printed card you couldn’t even be bothered writing 😆

molgrips
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

OKAY! How do I print an image off my android phone or Flickr? I don’t have a printer at home- Boots can do it? Yes I’m a Luddite, get over it Binnertelli 😆

Harry_the_Spider

PowerPoint, Google Images and a colour printer. Free innit.

Will take about 10 minutes.

binners

I think with those printers they have in Boots or Asda, you can bluetooth images straight from your phone. Are you going to have a little printed summary of your offspring’s various achievements to accompany the photo, just to complete the painfully middle class experience? 😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

grab some napkins from a mcdonalds, write on them and add ‘the money i could’ve spent on fancy invites with photos and stuff has been given to charity instead’

😀

binners

Being quite close to the Peoples Republic of Chorltonia (Chorlton Borders?), anything you do should be emblazoned with a tagline stating: This is printed on non-chlorine bleached 100% recycled paper. No rainforests were pulped in the making of this card

IHN

As a child, I was only ever excited about an invitation to a party if it had a picture of the birthday boy/girl on it. If it didn’t, the prospect of games, cake, fizzy pop and generally having lots of fun with my friends was entirely spoiled 🙄

freddyg
    Free Member

If you’ve got a PC and a printer, do it yourself. Spend the cash you saved on ear-plugs and paracetamol. 8)

TooTall
    Free Member

Just so you know – it is so their parents can see when / where the party is.

If you can’t work out how to turn an image from your phone into a ‘real’ picture, Mr Pritt Stik and some cutting and sticking might be better suited to you, never mind the bairns. 😉

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Surely it’s de rigeur to do electronic invitations/emails these days? Saving rainforests etc.

therealhoops
    Free Member

2 & 3 year olds don’t really give a fig once you’ve told them there’ll be sweets and cake. TRHprincess will be 3 in a couple of weeks. We’re copping out and letting a local softplay deal with the mess/catering. They provide brightly coloured generic invites to hand out.

job done

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Step 1: Send text to parents saying come along

Step 2: Kids turn up and enjoy themselves

Why bother with invites, a kid at 3 doesnt care

Diane
    Free Member

Too much faff. Why can’t kids/toddler parties be about fun and simple instead of what’s in the party bag? It all gets a bit one upmanship with all this attention to minute detail which is more about the adults than the toddlers. By then time they are about 8 they’ll be expecting a stretch limo to the cinema 😥 🙄 Take it down a peg or ten

hora
    Free Member

I’m going to hire a clown

..and to save money I’m going to dress up as an interesting/fun character. Can’t decide which?

or

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Toddler personalised birthday invites – recommended places to use?’ is closed to new replies.