Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • toddler on bike protection
  • firestarter
    Free Member

hi all got the little one a little like a bike thingy and she has been pushing it round the living room since but shes now big enough to sit on and try ride it in the garden but we only have flagged garden

im buying her a little toddler lid but also thought i may need to get elbow and knee pads . but not sure it this will only serve to be arkward and make her more likely to fall off

what do you lot (with experience ) think ??

if i get pads any recommened ones ?

cheers

postierich
    Free Member

Let her go natural! well not all the way but none of this elbow knee guard rubbish to much faff and you will make it a bit of a chore when going riding.Gloves are a good thing though as well as a good fitting lid with flexible peak.
    They will crash and burn but dont make a big deal of it 😀

Rich

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

well you could take her to a grassy park?

I would also recommend to try and do it without pads, but with lid and gloves. For the same reasons.

I think all parents (myself included) are usually over-protective of their little ones, it natural to want to wrap them in cotton wool and protect them but resist as far as you can.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

I agree with postierich, helmet – yes, gloves – useful, but not pads for a toddler. She will crash and end up with bumps, scrapes, and bruises but its all part of growing up…

ski
    Free Member

Kids pads are clumsy and restrict quite a bit of movement, my little one brushes off falls better than me 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

as i thought cheers chaps . the specialized lid looks good , and its her fav colour lol pink 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

i hope this is a joke.

lid, gloves, body armour for a ‘like-a-bike’

paulosoxo
    Free Member

My boy Ollie. 2 year old and freewheeling already

antigee

long sleeves and gloves – mine are a little older now but it is still worth insisting – had some help last week when her 8 year old mate told my youngest that his dad had cut the grit out with a stanley knife when he fell off without gloves

igm

Scott gloves and a Spesh helmet for our little one – no pads ‘cos they bounce at that age. Same whether he’s on the Rothan or on the LOCT on my bike.
    Scott do reasonably priced tiny fingerless cycling gloves which he much prefers to full fingered fleecy gloves – they’re his “special cycling gloves”. They’re also a sight easier to get on and off than full finger. No good for winter though so if anyone knows where I can get full finger cycling gloves in 3 and a half year old size for he autumn, can they let me know.

Iain

avdave2

Most important thing is to stay calm when they fall off. Stay calm and walk over slowly, never rush unless of course it is serious. My experience is that most kids seem to decide on whether something hurt or not depending on the expression on their parents face.

geoffj

I’d go with the lid as a getting into a good habit thing, but gloves and pads are over kill for a scoot bike.

theotherjonv

helmet for good habits

Gloves are a good idea as they are what go on the ground first and grazed hands are quite debilitating to a littl’un, from experience, whereas a graze on the knee is a weekly occurrence.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘toddler on bike protection’ is closed to new replies.