Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Todays weekend of trail center riding pics.
  • knottie8
    Free Member

What a weekend ! Two days at Brechfa in Wales. Friday night was beer , wine , whiskey and cheese I didnt get to bed until 3.50 am ! Needless to say I was tired but we rode the green blue and black runs. Saturday the rain but it didnt dampen our spirts but it rained too much to take many pics. Saturday(evening)we were treated to top notch grub by Andy But I stayed off the booze and went to bed well before the rest. Today was unreal(red run)! So many switch backs and swoopy bits to choose a favorite bit.I think we all crashed at some point too. A really big thanks Anna ,Ali ,Andy and Steve for one of the best weekends ever. Where next ? Comments.

click the above pic for more pics.

Pics by Kingston….

Andy

Ah Mr "Kingston", just seen these. Superb photos from a superb weekend!

Swoopy bits, we do swoopy bits!

knottie8
    Free Member

Im still buzzing from the weekend !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rex
    Free Member

What a great weekend! Despite the biblically proportioned flooding of saturday. Fantastic trails and cool company, beer wine, and good food, what more can you ask for? Always a pleasure to spend biking and chatting time with PJ Kingston, and a really good chance to get to know Anna, Andy, and Aleigh – top people. Thanks all of you.

However I now realise that there are big gaps in my life that can only be filled by getting a fun-bus and skulls-of-skill valve caps.

Does technical = difficult?: discuss, with reference to flow and gnar.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Ah well that saves me putting a post up complaining about no Mr K weekennd pics

Good to see you all had a good time

aleigh
    Free Member

Yo Kingston……… 😆

Thanks to Steve, Paul, Anna and Andy for making my weekend so lush! Although I did ok on Sunday, Saturday I was slighty hungover and after being rather ill twice I still managed to do a bike ride – it's cos I've got the skillz innit Cartman?!

Here are a few shots taken by moi 🙂

He's got da skillz

'The Nod'

Kingston and the rain hat

Two very drunk ladies!

knottie8
    Free Member

ha ha , that leaking roof !

Anna-B
    Free Member

Very happy memories! Thanks to all involved – you made a fantastic weekend. Mr Rex it was really nice meeting you properly.

Kingston Nott has some middle initials I have learnt….. AJ (adrenaline junkie)… thanks for your lovely photos as usual.

A x

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

nice well done everyone, esp Sunday on Gorlech. I bet Saturday on the Raven was tough (scared the life out of me).

Sausage with mustard applied with a tyre-level – wow, classy! 😆

knottie8
    Free Member

Pah , we laughed in the face of the Raven(even though we were soaked right through) !

Rex
    Free Member

I agree with anna's comment re paul's adrenaline junkieness (a trait he often hides)- after a lot of rear wheel drifting throughout, and then a freefall plummet ending an impromtu stoppie to avoid a body breaking collision with a tree, knottie8 comments "I've got three more gears left – I reckon I can go back and do that flat out". more like knuttie09.

😯 😆

cinnamon_girl

Sounds as though a good time was had by all 😀

Anna-B
    Free Member

sausage with mustard applied with a tyre-level – wow, class

Classy eh? Better not tell you how we came by the lever…… Top snack 🙂 Thanks 4 kind words mr lightyear.

Wet Raven yes, haven't been that rained on since last summer…. so much fun though.

knottie8
    Free Member

Im popping off to Combesyd later in the week , padded up and full face helmeted ! Ive been holding back for too long …Grrrrrrr is back. Oh and I nearly Sh*t myself on that freefall but did consider one more run ,I just needed someone to dare me. I love the sensation of fear through danger .Thank god no one did. lol

Anna-B
    Free Member

just needed someone to dare me.

*annabananna bears that in mind*

knottie8
    Free Member

Dare me(please) , I dare you …

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Oh and I nearly Sh*t myself on that freefall"

Yep, that's the one that got me shaking all over too. Goowaaaan ddooo it!!

Andy

[cartman voice] I am still chuckling this morning at the weekend (now I have caught up on sleep and de-toxed). Knottie by day, placid and gentle man of the Quantocks. Kingston by night, donning his raggid downhilla gloves and a bit of a hooligan [/cartman voice]. 😆

And shhhhh dont mention the leaky roof, or the non closing door…

penygraigcottage
    Free Member

Hey guys. Good to meet you all at the bottom of the red route on sunday. The pics bear out the stories! Hope to catch you back this way before too long…skull hub caps or not! Glad journey back across the border was not too arduous…i'm off to slide the raven today…loadsa rain yesterday…mmmm! Thanks for the pics Paul. (Jonathan)

knottie8
    Free Member

Andys hit the nail on the head , it was those gloves(feet firmly back on the ground now though) ! I will be back soon , maybe in the next couple of weeks.

penygraigcottage
    Free Member

give me shout – back from trans-iceland ride on 1st Aug…if you have room for another set of wheels…

jam-bo

you got the DH bug again mr knott??

knottie8
    Free Member

Not so much the DH bug more like the need for speed. Now ,after nearly a year ,my health and fitness are back to normal(ish), I can go mad down the trails again…whoop whoop.

Rex
    Free Member

knottie, when are you off to combesyd…? 😀

jam-bo

good to hear it. i miss the quantocks.

had a quick blast there with sharki a few weeks back on my way to the airport.

if you liked brechfa you'll like gawton red. 1 mile long, 3 mins flat out. uplift back to the top….

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Todays weekend of trail center riding pics.’ is closed to new replies.