Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Todays theraphy ride…..but where too?
  • sharki
    Free Member

sharki
    Free Member

clue…
    It's up a hill.

trailmonkey

spunkery bacon ? (excellent pic btw)

snaps
    Free Member

I was going to say Beacon hill but not sure about the Dartmoorish rocks in the bottom left of the picture.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

awesome pic 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

come on trailmonkey…….snaps is close through his observations..

trailmonkey

yar tor ? hameldown ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Up a hill? Did you move north 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

yes tj i did move north, but drove south for the tech.

sharki
    Free Member

to the left(off picture) is a tor that winnie could well be cryptically linked too.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

tor toise?

Burchy1
    Free Member

Id say the tor on the left is honeybag tor and Si is trying to mount Hameldown Beacon??

sharki
    Free Member

Sort of right Dave, but all in the wrong order..

Another view, just left of centre, in the yellow field is a very large seat, left of that is hameldown, to the right easdon tor.

New trails sampled where off holwell, where i mostly pooped myself riding beyond my comfort zone, was actually fine apart from some interesting line choices and a really wrong line choice off a drop beyond a wheel trap which on closer inspection looks a really really bad option, second run i took the chicken route which by all accounts has an alternative sinister feature.

You boys that ride with Si alot really have a death wish if you choose to follow him..lol!

Burchy1
    Free Member

You boys that ride with Si alot really have a death wish if you choose to follow him..lol!

It does dawn on me occasionally when following him, 'do i really want to be getting myself into this…'

Have you rode Smallacombe rocks yet? (above Dingley Dell), Si's rock to rock transfer attempt story is a classic

sharki
    Free Member

yeah we rode that yesterday.

The full route was..

bovey railway up the old route to Leon, down dingly dell, up to hound tor and round across holwell lawns to explore holwell tor for trails, we found a couple so went in search of a loop to include them, picked up the tramway to smallacombe and back into dingly dell, up again to the tor and break for tea….then head over Jays grave and to the location of the above pics and then back to the tor, then Bowermans, hobbit trail to bridge to far and back to Bovey..

Not the best route for a SS but surprised myself with the ease of alot of it.

On a similar note as yours up there Dave, on Sunday whilst riding the Chimney via my usual line, i heard a voice scream…." what the **** am i following sharki for? ARRRRRRRRRGH!"

Si
    Free Member

It does dawn on me occasionally when following him, 'do i really want to be getting myself into this…'

Never said that before Dave 😉

Found some good new stuff, just needs a month for the bracken to fall back a bit and a touch of gorse pruning. Ace trails, but need to work a climb out from bottom of Holwell to Saddle Torr

Si
    Free Member

Sharki can you link us to rest of pics please

And there was a complete clean descent from Top of Smallacombe to very bottom of the Dell…

sharki
    Free Member

Si deleted most the pics and all the vids bar one as they were shite…

I'll be home and online later this eve, so may catch you on msn then and show the few pics…..i need a bigger memory card if we're to do this vid of smallacombe, bowermans, etc…Dave you'll be needed as another core rider for the vid…

jam-bo

Pffft, looks rubbish. Being back in the office was much more fun.

sharki
    Free Member

jambo there was a shed load of climbing with some hike a bike thrown in.

You fit the bill to be included in the dartmoor vid 'no moor rocks'

jam-bo

Why's that? Do you need some fat and unfit?

sharki
    Free Member

No! we need someone who looks like hey know what they're doing and can ride fast, someone to ride with a contrasting style to the way me and si ride.

Can't comment on Burchy, i think he'll fit somewhere in between us, in the stylishly erratic mark.

jam-bo

i quite fancy that rock transfer on smallacombe rocks, it tempts me everytime i've ridden it (that'll be twice)…

need to sort my brakes out on the five before i ride it anymore, they are shocking.

sharki
    Free Member

Where's this rock transfer you speak of, the 3 times i've clattered my way down it, i'm just lucky to even see sensible route down, though after an interesting line choice elsewhere on tuesday, i'm more capable on a bike then i realised, either that or very lucky!

I'll take it as luck and not try that again though as TBH on a second look i'm really unsure how i pulled it off.

jam-bo

halfway down the first section, just after the fast grassy bit. big ass rock garden that you can ride around to the right or slowly down to the left.

in the centre there is a gap onto a huge rock slab that I reckon you could hop onto and manual off.

sharki
    Free Member

Hmm! that might be where Si pulled up pretty sharpish and cut left and i pulled up less sharpish and took an off off road detour through some heather and dropped left into said rock garden and out the other side giggling confidently, be nice to one day session the trail to find a sensible way down utilizing such features, but even the random make it up as you go along method is still bonkers.

Bowermans is just blimmin amazing right now just need an automatic gate at the bottom.

Get yer brakes and legs sorted fer next time

jam-bo

Brakes are easy I can throw money at that problem, legs might be a little harder work….

Burchy1
    Free Member

Stylishly erratic

I like that, that gives me something to aim for now…

Si
    Free Member

I looked at that transfer today. Optimistic would be the best way to describe it I think!

However I have found one on Bowermans that means you have the balls you don't have to loose your speed half way down.

Oh and the cleave is…. Wooosh!

sharki
    Free Member

I thought you only get a whoosh with a wotsit…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Todays theraphy ride…..but where too?’ is closed to new replies.