Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • today's stupidity crown
  • swiss01
    Free Member

must surely be worn by me.

i throw my stuff in the van this morning looking forward to a big roadie day up the north of perthshire. at the last moment i think to myself, i’ve forgotten something. a map, that must be it but then i think what do i need a map for, it’s not that and without further ado jump in the van.

up the a9, past some dozy roadie types who think it’s a good idea to cycle up it and get merrily stuck behind an assortment of tourists, horseboxes and tractors. no matter i think, blue skies are beating down and in a wee while it’ll be glen lyon and the surrounds for me.

sure enough the time rolls him and here i am above fearnan, parking up, getting out the van, looking in the back at which point i discover, yes indeed, i’ve forgotten my bike…..

which i’ve left in the street!!!!!

but fortunately is still there when i get back so it wasn’t all bad

geoffj

🙁

It’s beautiful (although remarkably nippy) out there.

scaredypants

oh, that’s good. You’re in with a big chance

wwaswas

Glad the bike’s got more sense than you and stayed where you’d left it.

woody2000

HermanShake
    Free Member

😯

chakaping
    Free Member

😀

Off for a ride myself now.

must remember bike, must remember bike, must remember bike…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

surely the stupid bit is wanting to ride a road bike instead of a mountain bike in conditions like these…

molgrips
    Free Member

Buy a lottery ticket!

Harry_the_Spider

z1ppy

:mrgreen: impressive

swiss01
    Free Member

i thnk you all for your well deserved observations.

reasons i did not go out on my mountain bike (i believe there is karma at work here)

– spent all last week on my road bike. into it, esp the hills
    – didn’t fancy my hardtail as i really wanted to go out on my full suss
    – my full suss has a dodgy cable (since november last year) which i have been too lazy to fix
    – my other (winter) full suss still has its winter tyres on (too lazy to change)
    – my other bike has a flat (too lazy to fix)

i took the above as a signal from the big man that i should not be biking today but instead sit in the sun (where i am reading james yorkston’s diary of a scottish touring gent – funny for those of a musical bent)

and i will fix my bikes.

tomorrow.

epicyclo

Must be the day for it. I set out for a ride to Ullapool and back. Got out 10 miles and stopped to shift my phone because it was annoying me. Realised I didn’t have my wallet. Couldn’t be arsed going back for it. Used the opportunity to find some new trails, and got 8 hours on the bike.

dans160
    Free Member

Woody2000 – Quality!

jools182
    Free Member

Drove 3 hours to Wales last weekend for a camping trip

Brought the airbed but left the bung on the drive at home

nick1962
    Free Member

Forgot my helmet once.
    Forgot the pump for my airbed once.
    Forgot my sleeping bag once.
    Forgot my OS and trail map once.
    Even left my front wheel behind in some lochside car park once.
    I do learn from my mistakes but tend to make new mistakes with alarming regularity 🙂

collinstiffee
    Free Member

Cwiss, it’ll be bike week in JUNE, I’m sure you could do the rounds of the Dr Bikes and get them done for you. But you’d have to have no shame…

I went out for a ride on my MTB a while ago and forgot my front wheel. Was about an hour’s drive…

collinstiffee
    Free Member

My genius 1 km shortcut to save going round a lake (3km) problem was, my short cut required going up about 80 m at a 20% gradient only to find there was no direct way across the plateau. It end up 1 km shorter, but took ages and was unridable.

I don’t count that as stupidity, that’s just exploring. I do it all the time.

surazal
    Free Member

Forgetting the bike is impressive, that’s a downside of using a van most people won’t anticipate. One thing I can’t quite get my head around is driving to go road biking (but then I road ride because I can’t be arsed/don’t have time to drive to go mtb’ing), but I guess if the terrain is good enough to warrant it…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

but I guess if the terrain is good enough to warrant it…

It is a road – are they not all pretty similair?

Maybe the scenery then ?

swiss01
    Free Member

no, the roads aren’t all pretty similar. the scenery is rather lovely tho, esp glen lyon where i might’ve taken a longer loop depending on my energy levels (and my bike actually being in the van).

as for the driving. i’m no fan of driving to a cycle the majority of the time but in this case i’m doing a triathlon up this neck of the woods later in the year and i want at least a couple of good goes round the course to get a proper feel of it pre-race.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I regularly forget to go riding at all.
    I occasionally forget how to ride.
    I sometimes forget why i ride.

gazman
    Free Member

wwaswas LMFAO

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘today's stupidity crown’ is closed to new replies.