Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Today’s Riding
  • theboatman
    Free Member

The massive’s love of a good witch hunt, appears to have distracted from the riding bit. So where have you all been? 🙂

All was good in the Derwent Valley 😀

will
    Free Member

Ladybower/Hope Cross/Beast/Cut throat bridge.

Brilliant ride! If not a little wind up the Roman Road to Hope Cross.

Lots of bikers out today, noticed at least one bike from STW, there was also a group of about 6 riders, who i was sure are from STW…

Lets see if they noticed this thread.

samuri
    Free Member

Llandegla. Did one loop at race pace and then another to get some proper air. The ground was like wet glass, very slippy in places. I’m confident a sub 1 hour loop of the black is quite feasible in the dry and with no slow people there.

(My first loop was 1 hour ten minutes with a small mechanical and a number of hold ups)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Road AM and Woburn XC PM yesterday, dry enough for the proper road bike and SHORTS at woburn

Chilterns today, surprised by how dry it was

beer now

eckinspain
    Free Member

Rally de los Embalses in Galapagar (North of Madrid) with 750 close friends! 50kms – mostly dry and dusty but one or two puddles still. Warm day – had to keep stopping to strip off!

Beer, pig sandwichs and pasta at the end but as usual failed to win anything in the draw 🙁

theboatman
    Free Member

Hmm the sun in my pic was only for effect, it offered little in the way of heat 😐 and I was happy that this was an improvement 😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

Aston Court/50acre/Plantation was all good!

slippy, squashy and squashy and slippy

sharki
    Free Member

I’ve been messing about in and on the quantocks, fantastic company(for the second day in a row)fast dry trails, even some dust coming off my tyres in places, and now the snow has thawed , it’s revealed a dead sheep on the edge of the ridgeway, his head made a good kicker to which i felt the urge to try out…

mrsflash
    Free Member

Grassington, lovely day out, felt like spring. See GF’s thread for photos 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

mrsflash – Member
    Grassington, lovely day out, felt like spring. See GF’s thread for photos

Mrsflash?

GF?

GirlFriend’s?

…does MrFlash know?!? 😆

mrsflash
    Free Member

Nah, it’s a secret, don’t tell him.

jedi

i spent all weekend riding herts shore.been awesome

crispybacon
    Free Member

Me, cipher23 & avalanche all went up to Haldon for a birthday boys bash – their birthday’s not mine 🙁 – anyway we found some rather good cheeky stuff to ride on but the further down the hill we got the wetter & muddier it was. A quick stop for lunch then a touch of the new Red run followed by a shortcut to the lower berms section which was riding very fast today. It was then the haul over to the finale which was an absolute stonkin blitz down St Andrews Lane, which was as dry as a bone & riding soooooo fast – Whoopee!!!! – Yeah I really enjoyed that last bit 😆 I was having such a great time I didn’t even take any pics

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Up in the hills (windy):

And down by the river:

And then back up in the hills:

Gary_C

10 of us out in Calderdale today.
    Hebden Bridge,Heptonstall,Widdop,a pedal against the headwind down Gorple,Hurstwood,Windmills,Whirlaw,Lobb Mill,then back up into Heptonstall to finish with the Blue Pig descent back to Hebden.
    24 miles & a damn good day out!
    Saw a few other riders out too,

tinribz
    Free Member

Short ride from Wynyard Woodland Park to Hurworth Burn ressor with the kids.

Perfect for the kids, totally car free 15m rtn trip, flat but a little boring and sometimes muddy today:

Cool bench:

Couple more photo’s here.

A lot of walkers at the start but they fade out after a couple of miles.

Stu_N

Glentress today. Did the red route without any adulterations (except for a wee bit of Mushroom Pie) for the first time in a very, very, long time. All good. And setting off hungover meant I felt better at the end than I did at the start 🙂

Yesterday put some love into my seriously neglected CXommuter and took it for a spin up towards the Pentlands for a couple of hours to check it still worked after its protective layer of sh1te had been removed. Went up a path on the way home that I’d been meaning to explore for ages and found about a mile of beautiful twisty woodsy singletrack with stunning views to the nearby hills. Definitely one to do again, and yet more proof that CX bikes are ace for linking up short bits of offroad you probably would never find otherwise and are too much of a drag to do on MTB.

jonb
    Free Member

North Ayton with Midaircrisis? Any one else on here? No photos yet but it was a cracking ride.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Llandegla. 😥

Although my views have been made in another thread it was still mtbing.

I wasn’t sat indoors doing DIY or at some horrible retail park looking for furniture called Fflorjkddddd so its all good I suppose. 😕

duckers
    Free Member

tinribz, I was up there today about 1pm but decided to give it a miss as there was tons of walkers about… Locked the suspension out and done carlton – stilly – redmarshall – hartburn – tees barage loop instead. You weren’t on a dialled were you?

oxnop
    Free Member

I was shown round a route near where I live, Oxenhope/’shoeshine’/cullingworth/St Ives/Harden moor etc – 19miles.

Did Llandegla on Fri and after today I realise I prefer natural routes/singletrack.

Considering I live in oxenhope I cant believe I have been missing out on great singletrack right on my doorstep!

bomberman
    Free Member

aaah that’s it oxnop, i live in calderdale and don’t think ive done 1/100th of what’s on offer locally. barely even scratched the surface

oxnop
    Free Member

bomberman- I know, its quite annoying really as many a weekend ill be driving off to ride, but if I spent more time looking into rides around me id be laughing!

clareymorris

On call this weekend so couldn’t stray too far.
    Me and MrCM today………you know where it is 😀

tinribz
    Free Member

tinribz, I was up there today about 1pm but decided to give it a miss as there was tons of walkers about… Locked the suspension out and done carlton – stilly – redmarshall – hartburn – tees barage loop instead. You weren’t on a dialled were you?

Heh, yeh that was probably me if it looked like this:

with my chav cap and sunglasses.

I might give that tees barrage one a try soon.

duckers
    Free Member

Yeah I passed you, I was on a carbon scott scale in a grey haglofs top, came in the car park exit (oops), rode to the railway platform, smelled the mud and decided not to get it mucky just yet seen as I’ve spent all winter getting it so clean…. pussy.

devs
    Free Member

Nowt today, except testing new tyres on steps at end of road. Laggan yesterday. Did both reds and black. Slashed rear UST HR open on the 2nd last obstacle before the Devil’s chess board and had a right faff being unable to get valve out and Co2 inflator breaking. Ended up calling it a day then and jogging back. Might have done the old red again otherwise. 2 bacon and egg rolls and 2 cups of coffee. Awesome.

didmatt
    Free Member

On the way home from a week on the isle of skye, Scotland.

domino

South Lakes ride for me, a nice route near Witherslack.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Today’s Riding’ is closed to new replies.