Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Today's random mountain-biker profile question
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Does anyone know where I might find the answer to this?
    I need to know what proportion of mountain-bikers are
    1. Male/female
    2. Age group 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64 and 65+
    3. In socio-economic groups A, B, C1, C2, D, E, Other (I have no idea what other means!)
    I have found some figures for cyclists generally but expect this will be mainly roadies and probably includes comuters too. I’m interested just in mountain bikers (and preferably competitive ones but would take any at this stage)
    I could estimate 1 and 2 by using lots of race results but 3? No idea!
    Any advice much appreciated.

munrobiker
    Free Member

You can google Singletrackworld user stats and on website says something like 30-50 year old Male office workers. Which is probably representative of riding as a whole.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Doesnt this just prove there are lots of 30-50 year old men in boring desk jobs pretending to work but actually surfing the web. I certainly fit into that catagory.

richpips
    Free Member

Doesnt this just prove there are lots of 30-50 year old men in boring desk jobs pretending to work but actually surfing the web whilst also pretending they ride bikes in their spare time.

MrGreedy

Can’t see gender, but some other stuff for visitors to the 7 Stanes is in their evaluation doc here:
    http://www.imba.com/sites/default/files/7StanesPhase2FinalReport.pdf
    (See p16 onwards for user survey)

andrewh
    Free Member

Excellent Mr Greedy, many thanks. That will do nicely. 😀

jamj1974

Doesnt this just prove there are lots of 30-50 year old men in boring desk jobs pretending to work but actually surfing the web whilst also pretending they ride bikes in their spare time.

Actually I am an 83 year old female, run my own butterfly farm and ride a 1932 BSA bicycle 52.3 miles every day not for fun but just to stay alive.

ndthornton
    Free Member

you’re the exception that proves the rule!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Actually I am an 83 year old female, run my own butterfly farm and ride a 1932 BSA bicycle 52.3 miles every day not for fun but just to stay alive.

And I’m her slightly older wife.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Well what are you doing on here – sounds like you have an interesting job and life! Go and feed the butterflys 🙂

bruneep

And those two are my children^

ndthornton
    Free Member

Ahh I see!

maccruiskeen

And those two are my children^

Must have been an awkward wedding speech – being the father of both brides.

andrewh
    Free Member

Not really, pretty standard in Norfolk.
    (I’m the other sister, and was also best man)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Today's random mountain-biker profile question’ is closed to new replies.