Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Todays Qs ride pics.
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Got out early today for a half day SS ride. I tried to link a few good bits with some rarely used trails. Not a good plan as they were brackened up four feet deep ! I had to brush the ticks off mid ride . I abandoned that idea and got back on the good trails only to run out of energy a long way from the car . Lots of deer in Bicknoller combe .I got back to the car, exhausted, only to find I'd left the lights on, d'oh . Not the best of rides but a ride all the same. Roll on next weekend .Comments ?

click the above pic for more pics.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

It's been ages since I last rode on the 'Ticktocks'. Must make the effort again, as I recall the trails were rather good (although the unwanted passengers can be a bit off-putting).

oldfart

hey did you bring that skull on with you ? if not could you get it for me some time please .been looking for one for ages.would look cool in my garage ! me and mrs of were down there today .complete mare nuff said !!!!

pcb
    Free Member

I've only picked up 1 this year!

knottie8
    Free Member

I've picked up at least one every ride !

pcb
    Free Member

Unlucky!

The last two years I got loads.

Maybe its because I drink more now!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What you up to next weekend then? I'll be back from Wales and riding on the Exmoor Bike Marathon.

knottie8
    Free Member

its right there you old bu55er.

Edit… Im away riding with mates in the test valley area next weekend.

oldfart

so is that about 11 o clock from halsway post then ?what the trail and paradise combe like not familiar with that ? you still test valleyin saturday ? i take it ?

oldfart

just seen your edit doh ! hey looks like chipps wants to come out to play going to take him up on it ?

knottie8
    Free Member

yes 11 oclock then fight through chest high bracken untill you see the gate its now hung on.
    Riding with CG saturday and Qs sunday, whoop whoop.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Mr K

the Test valley is a beautiful area

456 may well be a go for wednesday

knottie8
    Free Member

456 on weds ! I'll get Mike out aswell then.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Having pre-ridden next weeks route with CG on Saturday, my suggestion would be 'bring your climbing legs' as first 7 miles were uphill. p.s. it's not Test Valley as far as i'm concerned (Test is miles away), Bourne Valley would be a bit more like it (or home as i call it).

Hope to see you then.

knottie8
    Free Member

Mmm climbing legs ? (must find some before saturday , classifieds ?)

sharki
    Free Member

bracken is pretty good at the mo eh? think the sprayers from earlier on will sort it for next year…

I managed to get out for an short one earlier and just wish for a good camera….

cinnamon_girl

Love the pics of the deer but we will probably see the pretty ones next weekend, along with a million and one pheasants and partridge. Rusty is right, there is the odd hillock 😉

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Odd hillock? There's a few odd pillocks too. One of those deer photos is a little intrusive, i think i can see what he had for breakfast.

sharki
    Free Member

The wildlife has a habit of being super relaxed around me

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Todays Qs ride pics.’ is closed to new replies.