Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Todays Qs rain sodden ride pics.
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Stayed local today and got out for some very wet miles.Rob and Nathan went home early due to “had enough of this rain”. Shame as the cream tea stop was all downhill from that point of the ride. The rain eased and the sun poked through the cloud just long enough for us to scoff down a cream tea a piece. A great day out even with weather gods doing their best to ruin it. Cheers all for the company. Comments ?

click the pic for more pics…

sharki
    Free Member

Looked like a good Q’s ride guys and Gal.

OMG, there’s a few pics there i don’t recognise where they are taken.

And i thought i heard dogs howling today. I guess Steve’s had to dash off to scoop some more mess up now ..

oldfart

funny thing is none of the pics appear to have any rain content LOL!!!

oldfart

BTW all nice and dry and warm now and couldn’t leave the bike cleaning.so good to go again! (maybe a bit drier next time) sharki your hex moved from mechanicals to a rain dance today!!!!

sharki
    Free Member

There was a partial lift of the hex, cuz i did a little ride on the dips today.

aleigh
    Free Member

it was a very wet day and apparently i scared knottie when i rode in the rock garden whatever that means!

i had a great time, had a fall which was ok although mr fart just stood and watched 😉

Anna-B
    Free Member

Looks like fun! Funny how rain and mud doesn’t stop people having great bike rides. Talking of which……. Mr Fart!! You went! In the rain and all. Well I never. I like the pretty wood.

aleigh
    Free Member

I think I moaned about the rain more than he did lol 🙂

caledonia
    Free Member

Jealous.
    My Head-swimming Labrynthitis means no riding for me for a while 🙁

Rex
    Free Member

Every once in a while, a ride like that is just enough to remind you how good mtb-ing in this country’s own particular cold and wet can be.

Things I learnt this ride:
    1. I still can’t do switchbacks
    2. Oldfart can climb like a Youngfart
    3. Knottie is a dry-glove waving sadist 😉
    4. Aleigh floats above the trail repelling all water and dirt (but does have frothy shoes, so it’s not all good 😆 )
    5. Sharki’s rainhex still works (plenty to pick up when i got home, cheers mate…)
    Thanks all, great ride!

aleigh
    Free Member

oh yeah, my frothy shoes!

sharki
    Free Member

Rabid footwear eh???

First signs of swine flu that is…..

jam-bo

Got me stumped on a couple of those locations as well

aleigh
    Free Member

there was still some detergent left in my socks lol!

Rex
    Free Member

The new locations might be PJK’s new decent from the plantation carpark – nice tight woodsy singletrack, ending in a switchback-fest.

we were out for 4 1/2 hours today and i feel pretty knackered now…i think we probably did a fair amount of climbing though. bright sunshine when i got back to barnstaple…just at the car heater had thawed me out.

Thanks again all, good to meet you rob and aleigh, cool to see you oldfart again after a few years, and cheers as always for a quality ride with mr knott and sparky nathan.

sharki – i must remember to take a picture for you of the 5″ plate that used to be over my collarbone – yikes. hope your recovery is swifter than mine was (though you do seem to be dragging your heels a bit, sort it out mate 😉 ) – likewise, caledonia – labrinthitis – bummer, good luck with getting it better

oldfart

Anna how about that ! I can be grrr when i put my mind to it .Oh and don’t believe Ali when she says i stood and watched her when she fell off.She spent more time getting out wet wipes than picking her bike up .lol !!Thats why she had a dirt dodger face !! TeeHee .Rex cheers for the climbing compliment.

aleigh
    Free Member

i did not spend my time getting the wet wipes out cheeky 😉 and anyway, you didn’t complain when you used the one i offered you haha!

nice to meet you too rex.

oh and i did a fair bit of walking (surprise surprise) so thanks guys for waiting for me 🙂

sparkey
    Free Member

good but yet very wet ride today! Was good to see you Rex, it’s been a while. And thanks to the rest for a good day!

oldfart

Ali has Mr Knott finally enroled you as an honorary Q rider? Think you deserve it after today !Walking ? thats just practice for the safari hee hee !

knottie8
    Free Member

One more visit required by Ali to prove herself at cream tea eating first !

aleigh
    Free Member

sounds like a challenge……….better than having mud thrown at me!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Todays Qs rain sodden ride pics.’ is closed to new replies.