Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • todays Qs group ride pics.
  • knottie8
    Free Member

What a day ! We basically split into three groups with me leading the easier route mob but all meeting up for lunch . I think the ride went very well and all riders coped with the terrain ok. It was great to meet you all after spending so much time on STW together. Comments ?

click the above pic for more pics. For some reason fotopic has put the pics in a strange order..

rOcKeTdOg

looks like great weather and time was had by all

knottie8
    Free Member

Where were you !

rOcKeTdOg

me? Derbyshire today, not as sunny as the Q’s!

carreraboy
    Free Member

cheers for the saddle sore pic. it still is……..

IHN

I do a great puffer fish impression

soma_rich
    Free Member

Was a grat day, shame I couldnt ride further than 500 yards without getting a puncture!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Rich, that was without doubt the unluckiest ride I’ve ever witnessed. I did wonder afterwards whether it was due to your XC tyre being too narrow for the rims on your big freeride bike.

Give us a shout when you’ve got the brakes on your Scandal sorted. Would be good to meet up with you lads again and I’ll be happy to show you what you missed.

sharki
    Free Member

well, i’m now sat in a layby..my chilli and beer waiting for me in the digs….
    Si’s car decided to take a dislike to it’s cambelt…RAC man is now arranging recovery……shitty end to a top day out.
    Good to meet you all and hope you enjoyed yourselves.

snaps
    Free Member

On the chimney

Fear?

Mr K8 & bandage

Sponging machine looking all XC!

sm500
    Free Member

Ah sorry to hear sharkie, had hot bath an 4 or 5 beers ave never gone to my head so fast! yahoo fantastic day when you gona do a single speed day only give us a shout ,) cheers for a top day

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Looks like a great day!

MrNutt
    Free Member

looks great, sorry I missed it but felt a little rough!

(managed to get to the woods for a short blast though)

Dibbs
    Free Member

Was that the car by the cattle grid near Over Stowey?

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Big thanks to knottie, sharkie, charlie and all for dfv-ing a great day out. Everything went perfectly (apart from the punctures and my crash).

Brilliant

Nick

Ambrose

Hi All- we bumped into you a few times through the day- masses of you! Thanks for the guys at Bicknoller Post/ Ladies Edge who warned us of the upcoming group, and the guy in the red shirt with a sticker on who held the gate for up later on, on the ridge track close to Crowcombe Park Gate. Me in Black top+ shorts, riding a Nicolai, David in dark top, riding an Ellsworth. Chatted to a few people too in the CP at CPG.

My first visit, will definately be back.

Rex
    Free Member

Really gutted to have missed out – looks like you took in some sweet trails.

Shouldn’t the two near the middle of this shot have gone somewhere a bit more private though? 😯 😉

Well done ‘the locals’ on sorting out some of the Quantock’s finest.

Strangelove
    Free Member

Thanks to every one involved for a fantastic day out.
    I a little bit jealous of you locals for having such a good place to play

aleigh
    Free Member

Sharki, knottie and the other chappy who’s name I can’t remember 😳

Just wanted to say a big thank you for showing me and everyone else around the Quantocks, it’s an amazing place and I can’t wait to go back 🙂

Ali

scraprider
    Free Member

thanks guys for a fantastice day out, ive droped a post just for Dibbs only and a few pics, mrs scraprider also had a brill day out, cant wait to come back and meet you all again, again many thanks,

aleigh
    Free Member

Great pics knottie! Snaps, not sure about the one of me above….it looks like I have devil eyes 😯 😆

snaps
    Free Member

You should see the ones I took of the people not wearing shades!

aleigh
    Free Member

Pics? 😉 😆

Philby

Great day out! Thanks to everyone involved in the organisation! Be great to do something similar again!

stratobiker
    Free Member

C’mon fat fecker swchweetie we can’t leave you ‘ere my lover tantrum or no tantrum….

🙂

forge197
    Free Member

great pic’s Knottie, and thanks to all for arranging top day.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Be great to do something similar again!

On a day when I’m not working!

sm500
    Free Member

h ha waved to you! be thankfull;)

oldfart

I’m just grateful to still be in one piece. 8)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ooh, is this my two favourite STW Ladies, Cinnamon Girl and Aleigh?

Phwooar!

Bugger. Wish I cooduv come along. I cooduv ridden behind them, and looked at their bottoms…

knottie8
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Look at that proper SORT in the middle!

Coooorrrrrrr!

slugwash
    Free Member

I’ve just scanned through my photos from today’s Charlie-led, intermediate Quantocks group ride and most of them are total crap. However, some are less crap than others so here’s a selection of the creme de la crap…..

Scraprider….

Crispybacon….

Forge…

Eviljoe…

Snaps…

Saladdodger struggling to exit a deep & treacherous Quantock’s water-course…

knottie8
    Free Member

nice pics ! Charlie looked well knackered at the end.

knottie8
    Free Member

I should say a BIG THANK YOU to Ralphies bike shop from taunton who came up pre ride and handed out loads of freebies inc brake pads ,energy bars ,free tube vouchers etc. See how us locals look after you lot !

sharki
    Free Member

oi, answer my txt…
    What time in the morning?

sm500
    Free Member

if i knew there were gona be free bees i would have been up earlier than 5 past 10! dooh

knottie8
    Free Member

I’ll have to wait and see if my legs move in the morning…..

cinnamon_girl

Great pics Knottie!

Snaps – yes, there was definitely “fear” in The Chimney 😀

Andy

Hi All

Well, what a truly classic day. Still cant get a huge grin off my face. Thankyou so much to Sharki (the orange sign pixie), knottie, Charley and Saladdodger for your enthusiastic tour of the Quantocs (I lost count of the number of times I heard “you gotta ride this bit etc etc”).

Also thanks to Sponging “the” Machine for stepping in this morning when we made our bid for the forth group. Am really gutted for Soma_Rich; only one solution, more trips required 😆

Just hope that forge’s video of my refusal with added post obstacle mince flourish…doesn’t…quite..make it out 😳

Will dig out some picks to follow. Great trails, great day!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘todays Qs group ride pics.’ is closed to new replies.