Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Today's phone question.
  • zippykona

Few trips to Spain coming up so thought I’d get my spare Virgin phone unlocked so it can take a 3 SIM card.
    Most places want £20 to unlock even though they say £3.50 in their advert. Virgin might take 30 days to unlock.
    So thought I’d see what I could buy unlocked.
    Found this , is it a pile of poo? This would only be for holidays, navigating around cities and looking stuff up.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-5-Dual-Core-Android-4-2-Dual-SIM-3G-Mobile-Phone-Smartphone-WIFI-GPS-Unlocked-/221536029490?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3394938b32

Flaperon

Lumia 435 from Carphone Warehouse, £40 and already sim-unlocked.

Do you already have a 3 contract / SIM? The feel-at-home stuff isn’t enabled immediately for PAYG.

zippykona

That’s useful to know shall pursue that. Have an old 3 sim.

Cougar

Ring Virgin.

CountZero

It’s almost immoral to charge for unlocking a device that you effectively own. O2 have never locked their phones, AFAIK, except for iPhones, and even those can be unlocked for free once out of the contract period, and that usually only takes about 24 hours, sometimes less.
    I’ve given a mate three old phones, two only needed a new SIM, and the last one, my old iP3G was unlocked with zero hassle. I recently unlocked my old iP4 and 5, again with zero issues.
    Some phone companies need to have someone have a quiet word in their ears. 😕

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Today's phone question.’ is closed to new replies.