Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Today's Mundane Question – kitchen flooring….
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Parent’s house has a ceramic tile floor – seemed like a nice idea 20-30 years ago, but it’s hard, cold and is a nightmare when the dogs piss on it 🙁

Our own kitchen floor has a cheap and dirty B&Q laminate that looks ok(ish), is warm(ish) and has been pretty hard-wearing.

So what other options are out there?

nickjb
    Free Member

Vinyl. Karndean or Amtico. Warm, hardwearing, non slip and a little bit of give so you don’t smash everything you drop.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Karndean Looselay.
    Just done ours and it looks and feels great.

thegreatape
    Free Member

How much did the Karndean cost, and for what area? Did you lay it yourself?

johndoh
    Free Member

Another vote for Karndean here – looks better than laminate, more hard-wearing than real wood and quite warm to the touch too.

And ours has survived puppy claws, roller skates, Heelys etc without any apparent damage so far.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Polished concrete with underfloor heating.

lunge

And another for Karndean, we’ve just got it and it’s very nice indeed. Cost less than we expected too.

thegreatape
    Free Member

We’ve got the same dilemma, need flooring for a new kitchen and dining room. Mrs TGA wanted vinyl but the builder was wary due to the risk of it ripping when appliances are slid into place. Does this Karndean stuff cope ok with that?

slowoldman

I like my tiled floor, but white was maybe not a great idea!

I say get rid of the dogs.

johndoh
    Free Member

Does this Karndean stuff cope ok with that?

I am not going to guarantee it wouldn’t damage it, but it isn’t a vinyl so it won’t rip. Our cooker has been pulled out a couple of times and it has been fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Today's Mundane Question – kitchen flooring….’ is closed to new replies.