Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Todays moral dilema. Recycling
  • project
    Free Member

Well i usually recycle all magazines and papers, and have now started on plastic bottles,as theyre collected.

But plastic bags and film are not accepted,so is it acceptable to take them back to the supplier,

and dump them in the carrier bag skip at the local supermarket,

then should they be loose or all in one bag,

should the bag be tied ,or left open.

Advice needed.

chakaping
    Free Member

I do this.

At Tesco you have to unzip the canvas cover from the bottom of the rollcage thing, if you can't fit your huge bag of plastic through the smallish hole they supply.

rootes1

if you can get them in fine, main issue is not to put degradeable bags in as when recycled into new film it lowers the film quaility. You are better of re-using them as freezer bays, to carry things in, litter bin liners and in the main stop collecting so many in the first place. Si

rootes1

if you can get them in fine, main issue is not to put degradeable bags in as when recycled into new film it lowers the film quaility. You are better of re-using them as freezer bays, to carry things in, litter bin liners and in the main stop collecting so many in the first place. Si

nonk
    Free Member

we have a truck that comes round on a tuesday to collect your blue box of plastic glass and tins.however they now wont collect it unless you seperate all the different types of stuff into plastic bags.oddly i dont have many plastic bags as i stopped using them about three years ago. 🙄

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Todays moral dilema. Recycling’ is closed to new replies.