Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Today's idiot delivery man.
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I did wonder about a big box and putting a combi lock on it, then putting the code in the note on the off chance there were 2 deliveries in a day.

Houns

Oh forgot to mention, I have left parcels in safe places only for them to go ‘missing’ or for me to be accused of not delivering them, so my general view is stuff them, I’ve tried to help out to save them a journey to the DO but now if there’s no answer and no neighbour answering then it goes back to the DO

wicki
    Free Member

Postie aint santa he aint gona squeeze down the chimney if you want it make it possible buy a box or leave clear instructions dont just expect to find it in the stocking on the end of the bed.

andytherocketeer

If you order something on the Internet as tracked/signed for/special you know what day it’s going to be delivered, either be in or order it for delivery another day.

If I order something from the internet, 80% of the time I don’t have the foggiest what day it will turn up.
    I can make an educated guess at the earliest time/day, and once it’s been processed and the tracker email has been sent, I can usually make a guess for DHL within Germany, btu anything else, and all international, who knows?
    CRC my last 2 orders were 15 days from pressing button to the card thru the door.

So really… if you order something from the internet, make sure you’re either unemployed, WFH, or on night shifts. Just make sure it’s not going to be Yodel or MyHerpes, since they are all training for the Olympic 100m sprint… post card an run like **** before you realise they “tried to deliver”.

stevious

I’m totally happy for postie or quasi-postie to leave stuff in my recycling bin. It’s either that or a 20 mile round trip to the DO.

Much better than when I lived in Edinburgh and the postie didn’t bother bringing parcels with him, just the red cards.

spooky_b329

I wouldn’t bother putting the combi code on the address label, I reckon the highest risk is the second courier nicking the parcel left by the first. Just recently had that sickening feeling last week…two drop cards on the mat, only one parcel in the tub.

The missing one was a £90 dedicated electrics kit for my towbar…re-read the card and thankfully it had been left with a neighbour as it was signed for.

If the first courier deems it risky/pricey enough to need locking, I’m happy for the second to leave his parcel tucked behind or back to the depot.

roverpig

Need to figure out how the **** I’m paying the mortgage this summer before I get onto what I’m going to ride!

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope it works out better than you fear and you at least get to enjoy your new toy.

zippykona

Guess where the delivery man has put the replacement parcel from yesterday.
    Yep ,on top of the boxes.

Bunnyhop

The compamy that I use for delivering work materials have changed delivery from an organised outfit to the incompetent yodel. This weeks delivery has been an utter farce. I work from home so am around most of the time to listen out for the doorbell. Yodel doesn’t seem to understand the concept of pressing a doorbell, even with a politely written note stuck to it. Its now a week from ordering and the items still haven’t arrived.grrrrrr.

NZCol

Last week, we have a portaloo at top of drive as we’re building, parcelfarce temp driver put my large parcel in it and it was then promptly removed and emptied ! God knows where my parcel is now…

gonzy
    Free Member

we’ve never had any failed deliveries and none in bins. at our old house they used to leave them under the wheelbarrow in the back garden. the few times we’ve missed a delivery its been left with a neighbour or they’ve left a card with a contact number. the royal mail DO is a bit hit and miss…last time i was there i was served by a right grumpy sod and i could hers the rest of his colleagues throwing and kicking parcels around in the background.
    we get all our deliveries sent to my office now which is more convenient unless its something big then i’ve got to lug it back to the car or take it home on the bus

mudshark
    Free Member

UK Mail and DPD both texted me requesting instructions for delivery so seemingly good. UK Mail delivered on the day I requested but DPD driver didn’t know I’d requested to deliver to a neighbour 2 doors down, he rang me so all good – though initially he was reluctant to walk so far – 15kg parcel so not that bad.

Bunnyhop

NZCol – I know its naughty of me but that made me chuckle.

Just come home after a few hours to find my 2 parcels on the doorstep. One is ripped open and the light coloured fabric inside filthy. I’ve complained to the suppliers and she said they have several complaints a week.

lovewookie

TNT for me.

We have coolboxes full of samples to collect from work. the lab arranges pickup by TNT. TNT turn up and say they cant pick up coolboxes as they are not in cardboard boxes. Their new packaging guidelines.

we had a similar conversation with the guy, who agreed to pick up that one time, but would have to see what the depot say, about a week ago. We had email confirmation from helpdesk that they could indeed pick up coolboxes, but no, the lab called TNT, and they said the driver wouldn’t pick them up.

We get the coolboxes delivered to our sites by TNT from the lab. Not in cardboard boxes.

the labs are no longer using TNT for pickups.

Wibble
    Free Member

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but right pi**ed off with Yodel – waited in for two days for my new frame to be delivered. Yesterday the van broke down! Today it left the depot at 09:17 (according to their not regularly updated tracking site – which is still saying it will be delivered today!) and will be here by 8pm. Guess what? Yes that’s right it’s not here.

Tried calling their Cust svs, as it had got to 6pm and as we’re 40 miles from the depot was pretty sure I wasn’t going to see it, and there appears to be no way to speak to a human. Not really sure why I’m surprised by all this but ffs how hard is it – to keep me updated at least.

Wibble
    Free Member

Oh just checked again (5mins after last time) and apparently – “08/03/16 18:55 Sorry we couldn’t deliver to you today. “. Seems Bristol is nearly two hours behind us. F**kwits!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I just get stuff delivered to work. There is always someone on reception.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

We have 10 or 12 public reception desks across about 20 square kilometres of site, not forgetting the 15 or 20 different goods inwards and quarantine areas…….. Think I’ll continue just driving to the nearest delivery location.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Today's idiot delivery man.’ is closed to new replies.