Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Today's hilarious commute clown time.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Waiting at the lights at Stockwell tube station. In front, van. Behind, van (hand-painted brown VW. Ghastly).

Lights change. Van in front moves off. I put the pedal down and start to move. VW puts his foot down and barges into me.

I fall on to the tarmac in front of him. Side of the knee scraped, saddle twisted round, fortunately no other damages.

When I got up and picked up the bike I felt quite angry. I could have kicked his front light in but, bringing many years of Zen Meditation to the fore, and realising that I was standing in front of a large heavy vehicle driven by a mollusc-brained moron, I restricted myself to walking the bike very slowly (after spending a few long seconds “checking” it) up to the lights, which went red by the time I got to the line.

After remounting, when the lights went green, I cycled off reeeeaaaallly slowly, just to make a point.

Later on, I caught him up waiting in the traffic at the Elephant and Castle.

I was able to very loudly be unfair to a vital part of the female anatomy by informing him that he was one, before cycling off and leaving him in the traffic jam.

Happy days. 👿

blurty

Didn’t he get out to see how you were?!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I think he sensed that I was a bit upset with him and played for safety.

grenosteve
    Free Member

I got hit last Wednesday evening, so know how infuriating it is!

Was approaching a junction (a slip road off the M1) joining onto the overpass I was on. I see a car coming up the slip road quite quickly, as they do when they are leaving the motorway.

Feeling this may not end well, I stopped peddling, moved into the middle of my lane and covered the brakes.

A few second later, after looking right at the guy (with my helmet light on) who was driving, he stops at the junction and “looks” at me.

I’ve looked at him, he’s looked at me, he’s stopped, it’s my right of way, so I carry on. Bang! straight into the side of me (at a very slow speed)!

Swears blind he didn’t see me. 👿 But he gave me a lift home and paid to have the bike fixed (destroyed the back wheel), and did seem genuinely concerned and upset about it.

I think he had a quick look, didn’t register any cars, and then just stopped at the (give way) junction just as a courtesy to the highway code (while day dreaming!), then slowly set off.

Back on topic, I think it’s crap that the guy didn’t even get out to see if you where ok!

philjunior
    Free Member

Maybe his high heels were a bit slippy today. I didn’t have any real idiots today. There was one guy at a junction where I was going down the bus lane frantically flashing his lights to let someone out of a side road, doubtless confused as to why someone would possibly not instantly and blindly pull across said bus lane, but fortunately the person in the side road had eyes and didn’t pull out in front of me.

McHamish
    Free Member

It’s the same on the underground…people barging into people, pushing in front…generally being ****.

I used to get annoyed and inform people of their mistakes…but I’m trying to take the same Zen like calm and just carry on with by daily trudge to work.

Northwind

I was in the car today, but… There’s a footpath that runs across the carpark entrance that really should be a zebra crossing. I stopped to let a bunch of people over and someone decided to overtake then charge through a stream of people, in order to immdeiately have to slow to a crawl anyway to get into the car park. When I last saw him he’d spent the next few minutes trying to get into a parking space the size of a house.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Today's hilarious commute clown time.’ is closed to new replies.